Help

Options
Im trying to loose weight, eating is my weakness if anyone here has good cheap recipes message me I would like to learn from you guys!

Replies

• jets7638
    jets7638 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    U have to be disciplined
  • Katielynners
    Options
    Must have staples in my house:
    Carrots
    Celery
    Garlic
    Onion
    Canned black beans
    Canned cannellini beans
    Canned diced tomatoes
    Vegetable stock
    Cumin
    Chili powder (I get "medium chili powder" from Savory Spice Shop)
    Kosher salt
    Hatch, New Mexico or Pueblo, CO chili (if you know what that is)

I make chili at least every other week by chopping about a cup and a half of celery and carrots and 2 cups onion and sautéing with a couple cloves of chopped garlic. Salt and pepper it, add a couple teaspoons of cumin and a couple tablespoons of chili powder. Stir and let the spices get a little toasty. Then add a can of diced tomatoes and a few green chiles. Add 6 cans of your choice of beans. I use 3 black and 3 cannelini. Cover the beans with veg stock and simmer for an hour.

A great variation- do the same thing as above but leave out the chili powder and tomatoes for a southwest chili.

Garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro.
  • sucelydelacruz
    Options
    Thank you so much for that advice and yummy chili recipe I will be doing that this week.
  • charmainetrig
    Options
    I feel the exact same way :( food ist weakness
  • taisidarvid
    Options
    OMG!!! I love food sooooooo much but I hate what it does to me.
    I totally understand as health food stuffs cost the sodding earth grrrrrrr and the stuff that doesn't tastes of cardboard. Sorry to my lovely friends the carrot and celery bunch :(((

Why is it that salt, fat and sugar seem the be the vibrant paints that eluninate the food pallet.
  • lola010411
    lola010411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is my total downfall!!! I could manage to get in some exercise, but I cant help but gravitate to the junk food!! Lol and I do agree healthier eating is a bit more costly, but it will all be worth it in the end!