Question about "Add Exercise"

Options
FrostAyy
FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
When I signed up I told MFP I was going to exercise (I walk a mile every night) 7 times a week. Did it weigh that into my calorie goal? I've also been adding my walk with "Add Exercise" every night. Does this mean I've been recording it twice?

Replies

• SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's okay if you don't eat back the calories you post as exercise. If you do want to eat those calories back, recommend setting your lifestyle as sedentary when you calculate your calorie goal.
  • FrostAyy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So I have been recording it twice? I'll stop using "Add Exercise" then. Thanks for the help.
  • FrostAyy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Aaand accidentally double posted
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FrostAyy wrote: »
    When I signed up I told MFP I was going to exercise (I walk a mile every night) 7 times a week. Did it weigh that into my calorie goal? I've also been adding my walk with "Add Exercise" every night. Does this mean I've been recording it twice?
    No. It did not include any planned exercise calories into your Calorie goals.
    "We also ask you for your weekly exercise goals, in order to provide an incentive for you to reach. We do not account for additional exercise outside of your reported daily activity level, until you log exercise to your diary under the "Cardiovascular" section."
    From the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    SusanUW83 wrote: »
    Yes. That's okay if you don't eat back the calories you post as exercise. If you do want to eat those calories back, recommend setting your lifestyle as sedentary when you calculate your calorie goal.

Sorry - you've got it wrong. See CyberTone's response, it is the accurate one.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    SusanUW83 wrote: »

no, exercise isn't factored in until you do it and log it.