Fastfood for diabetics

Options
For those of us with the inability to carbs or refined carbs(white whatever you want to call them) and sugar ,I used this place almost everyday for 3 months and had lost 25 lbs before my Mom died a week and a half ago but now Im getting back on it.

I ate Subway sandwiches off their lowfat menu, lowfat forest ham, chicken breast, roast beef and turkey, put it on whole wheat bread its awesome and Ive lots of weight with it.

ANother place I go to now and then but not often is Taco Bell. If you order anything without cream sour cream or cheese or gaucomole its lowfat and low calories and theres lots of unrefined carbs there to eat with I. My favorite is the pinto beans and I also like to get any of the crunchy tacos with the crunchy corn shell. But Its not good toe at fast food every day.

But I know that Jared lost over 100 lbs by eating Subway everyday for all 3 meals and that's one reason why I trust Subway , and its yummy I love their stuff!

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Jared ate only 2 meals a day at Subway.
  • LizinTx1967
    Options
    I thought it was 3 but ok Ive only been eating 1 meal a day at SUbway. 3 would be too boring for me.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of Subway -I really don't like their macro distribution (the high carbs and low fat/protein will cause my BG to shoot up really quickly even if I take my mealtime insulin in advance). I'd much rather go to Chick fil a and get a grilled chicken cool wrap (surprisingly, it has 15g of fiber and 36g of protein), a side salad or market salad, or grilled chicken nuggets.
  • LizinTx1967
    Options
    that's a good idea ty! The whole wheat breads at Subway don't hurt me I still lose weight with it but I guess it doesn't work for some people. there is a lot of bread in their sandwiches,I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take one half of the bread off. but at this point Im not having any issues with it but ILl consider your suggestion though sounds yummy!
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Refined, unrefined. White, whole wheat. Simple, complex. It's all the same to me. Carbs make my blood sugar skyrocket. The only exception is non-starchy vegetables, which are much kinder. Fast food is mostly a big NO for me, because it's all bread and potatoes in one form or another. :'(
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How can you go both low carb and low fat?
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For those of us with the inability to carbs or refined carbs(white whatever you want to call them) and sugar ,I used this place almost everyday for 3 months and had lost 25 lbs before my Mom died a week and a half ago but now Im getting back on it.

I ate Subway sandwiches off their lowfat menu, lowfat forest ham, chicken breast, roast beef and turkey, put it on whole wheat bread its awesome and Ive lots of weight with it.

ANother place I go to now and then but not often is Taco Bell. If you order anything without cream sour cream or cheese or gaucomole its lowfat and low calories and theres lots of unrefined carbs there to eat with I. My favorite is the pinto beans and I also like to get any of the crunchy tacos with the crunchy corn shell. But Its not good toe at fast food every day.

But I know that Jared lost over 100 lbs by eating Subway everyday for all 3 meals and that's one reason why I trust Subway , and its yummy I love their stuff!

He has also gained millions of dollars based on the premise that eating Subway is the key to losing weight. If you want to spend $300 a month on that crap, then be their guest! Im sure they love you for it.

You might want to look into a ketogenic diet. It has been touted to reduce or eliminate diabetes symptoms and episodes. You would save a lot of money by not believing the crap Subway puts out. You do know they pay the AHA millions for that endorsement each year, right?

But eh...if you are later in life, who's a youngn like me to tell you what to do. Do what makes you happy, I say.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Oh, and do not be afraid of fat. That is actually healthy for you, even saturated, if you use it properly. I eat eggs, bacon and cheese almost everyday, and my cholesterol panel is awesome! It is worth looking into a high fat diet for your health, but it is just a recommendation. Just imagine being able to eat bacon every day!!!