weigh in days..

Options
What day does everyone weigh in? I currently do Tuesdays but am contemplating changing to Saturday mornings. I never seem to stay on track on the weekends. Figured if I did Saturday then I could have the whole week of progress. If doing that helps me lose more weight/inches maybe ill try harder to stick to the plan on the weekend. Any thoughts if this is a good idea or not

Replies

• Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I do Mondays only because we do so on the Diabetes board I am on. I guess I like to start the week knowing where I am.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I weight on Wednesdays so if i do go off track on weekends i have monday and tuesday to work hard to get rid of a bit
    am on a plateau right now but i know it will pass
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What day does everyone weigh in? I currently do Tuesdays but am contemplating changing to Saturday mornings. I never seem to stay on track on the weekends. Figured if I did Saturday then I could have the whole week of progress. If doing that helps me lose more weight/inches maybe ill try harder to stick to the plan on the weekend. Any thoughts if this is a good idea or not

Maybe if you weigh in on Monday mornings, you'll feel more motivated to make better choices on the weekends.
    But to answer your question, I weigh in on Thursdays (but only if I remember to weigh myself before I eat breakfast--gotta keep it consistent!).
    Good luck!
    -LP
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I do a "where am I this week" weigh in on Wednesday and then do an official on Saturdays. Keeps me honest all week.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I weigh Sunday mornings - gives me that day to either enjoy the loss or dwell on the loss. Then it gives me time to work out a plan of attack if i havent lost, or any tweaks i want to make if i have lost
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. It keeps me focused all week long.
  • Skydemon53
    Skydemon53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning, before I have breakfast, but I normally use Friday as my "official" weigh in day which I post on here.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursday mornings. It is harder to stay on track over the weekends, not that I binge. But if I want a slice of the homemade pizza I make my husband on Saturday night, I have a few days to make sure it doesn't turn into pounds. My feeling is if you try to deprive yourself completely of certain foods, it will be harder to make this a life style change, not just a temporary weight loss.
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays at 18h00.

I meet my personal trainer at that time and her scale is very precise and measures body fat and water so I find that's a bonus (and sometimes the only good news on the scale.) The main point is to do it at the same time every week if comparison is something you want to do.

I know that weighing in the morning might be lighter but just knowing that is great. :)
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think that if I do Saturday mornings, it will help keep me focused all week. It may even help on the weekends because if I see my hard work paying off I will be less likely to screw it up over the weekend...at least id like to think that. Lol

Not sure when I should start doing that tho. I have two more measure days during this 30 period. Might wait til after so I dont mess up any data..anyone agree?
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just started but I know one of my biggest problems is weekends - so I am trying to weigh myself on Friday a.m., just so I know where I am at and hopefully that will help to keep me on track for a Monday morning weigh in. Plus it will let me know how bad I really am on weekends since I move around a lot more on the weekend. (I work in an office Monday thru Friday)
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day as well but my mfp weigh in day is friday where i record. My weekends are not always the greatest but i try really hard. I dont go on a binge but having family dinners and occasionally eating out is harder to track and normally carries a higher calorie count.

Weighing in on fridays helps me stay on track ALL week long especially at work. I have actually turned down eating out at lunch a few times because i just knew it would sabotage my weigh in and im pretty proud of that :)
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Mondays as it helps me stay on track over the weekend.
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but officially record on Saturdays. My weekends are really inconsistent -- sometimes large workouts (mowing, cleaning house), grazing vs. eating meals, and occasionally going out. I find that when i do weigh in on Saturdays, I can make adjustments based on the official weigh in.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    wednesday morning so I have time to recoup a bad weekend, LOL
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Friday morning so it keeps me track the weekend
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday and chart when I weigh in.
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that posted on here. I may change my day to Sat morning. For now I will keep it as tuesdays as the Offical and "peak" on Saturday morning to see if there is a big change.

The weekends are crappy for me..no real planned meals(my fault) Or we eat at family's houses..Boredom really sets in but hoping that changes soon. :)