Oreo cookies??

Options
Just wondering... Is it ok to eat 2/3 oreo cookies a day? I had 2 yesterday and its so addictive... If its still in my total calorie intake is that ok? :) thanks

Replies

• JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep, it is.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    yupp........................as long as you can keep it in your daily goals.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    2 cookies = 80 calories and 1g saturated fat. Seems pretty easy to fit in. :)
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Just remember that no food is inherently "bad food". I always struggle to get my clients to understand this, but unless you have a medical reason for not eating a certain food (diabetes, allergies, etc.) everything can be worked in to your diet from time to time.

Eat your oreos and enjoy them.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Cookies and Cream Quest Bar? Might be a healthier option! xx
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

There's nothing wrong with eating 2 oreos, they can easily fit into an overall well balanced diet. If I've already hit my protein macro why is that a healthier option?
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    They are the food of the devil and must therefore be destroyed ... by eating all of them ... no, seriously, they are highly addictive, so if you can manage to just have a couple, that's absolutely fine ... I wouldn't be able to stop myself after two, I would need to eat the whole box! :-)
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oreos are my favorite thing in the world. I've eaten at least one oreo themed thing a day since I started this and am still losing weight - I just fit them into calories/macros for the day and flex depending on how much space I have between a few minis to an Oreo Pop Tart.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you can eat only 2 or 3 LOL ...

I think most of the types are over 40 calories. Not by much, but some are 45, some 70, etc. It's sad that I know that :smile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Now I gotta add oreos to the grocery list

Oreo-Cookies-And-Milk.jpg
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    No! 100% Not!! The police will come and pry that 4th Oreo from your hands and you'll be fined on the spot.

Yes. If they fit, there is no issue. No food is bad.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else already said, it's fine if you can fit them in. I'd rather spend my calories on tastier things. Like pringles. Oreos are overrated :wink:
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

More calories...three different kinds of artificial sugar (if that concerns you)...lawsuits over underreporting said extra calories...yup, "healthier" checks out.

My diet has room for Oreos in moderation. Even fudge-covered Oreos, which I'm fairly certain were invented by a little man in a dark cave on a single-minded mission to make the world binge-eat. On the best days, I get to enjoy Oreos in their natural habitat, ice cream.

Fauxreos can die in a fire. Brand name or bust.

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Oreo churros is where it's at.
    1415725634338_wps_14_Is_this_the_perfect_fusio.jpg
    Just baked taste with a crispy exterior and a soft warm interior served with the Oreo cookie creme dip.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lacroyx that looks AMAZING! :D

I only suggested the Quest bar because sometimes I struggle to fit enough protein into my day, so eating something that's high fibre, high protein - instead of all carbs - is a 'healthy' idea for me. So it's what came to mind...

I do however really like the Oreo ice cream sandwiches... :smile: And there's no obvious alternative there that would be healthier and still satisfy me, so I eat them!

Oh and this was Quest's reply to the lawsuit, I found it quite interesting:
    http://blog.questnutrition.com/are-quest-bars-too-good-to-be-true/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Where can I find those oreos churros?
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    lacroyx that looks AMAZING! :D

I only suggested the Quest bar because sometimes I struggle to fit enough protein into my day, so eating something that's high fibre, high protein - instead of all carbs - is a 'healthy' idea for me. So it's what came to mind...

I do however really like the Oreo ice cream sandwiches... :smile: And there's no obvious alternative there that would be healthier and still satisfy me, so I eat them!

Oh and this was Quest's reply to the lawsuit, I found it quite interesting:
    http://blog.questnutrition.com/are-quest-bars-too-good-to-be-true/

Meh. I actually like Quest bars, or at least some of the flavors. Their claim that "not all calories are digested the same" is a little hoodoo for me. I quick add extra calories and call it good. However, even with the label, a C&C Quest bar is more calories than 3 Oreos. And it's kind of worrying that it takes three artificial sweeteners to get there.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Just baked taste with a crispy exterior and a soft warm interior served with the Oreo cookie creme dip.

Need. RIGHT NOW.

Where do you get these? My guess is it's going to be a regional thing and something I'll never find. :'(
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Need. RIGHT NOW.

Where do you get these? My guess is it's going to be a regional thing and something I'll never find. :'(
    It was a popular recipe making the rounds on pintrest or fb. My co worker wouldn't shut up about it and tried to make them but she was unsuccessful. She also isn't the greatest cook either :/
    http://www.popsugar.com/food/Oreo-Churro-Recipe-36240722

Ps. Your baby is adorbs.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Need. RIGHT NOW.

here's some info and it's coming to stores but no official release date yet
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jj-snack-foods-introduces-oreo-churros-281460231.html