Where do you live? And what do like most and least about where you live?

Options
fat2burn2014
fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
Let me start. I live in St. Thomas Ontario. A city of 35,000 just south of London. It is a great place to raise a family and inexpensive to live. There are 2 downsides that I see. 1) the weather. Winter is blah. Not enough cold/snow for consistent outdoor rec. 2) It is not very multicultural. I feel that my kids are insulated from the world around them. What bout you MFP peeps?

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Colorado Springs
    I live downtown and love the small town feel, I love the many activities that are so close such as Climbing Pikes Peak, Garden Of The Gods, Camping, Skiing, etc., I love the Beauty of the Mountains and that I can look strait up at them, the People here are awesome and although it gets pretty cold 10* one day t might be 60* the next! I do however miss the Sea views and beaches I had in Maine.

colorado-springs-450.jpg
  • golfdadts
    Options
    Regina Saskatchewan, the city that rhymes with fun!
    Winters can be cold and drag out forever, but you can't beat the summers!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I live in Joplin, Missouri on Route 66. I LOVE the low cost of living along with the fact that it actually feels more like a city on a very small scale, than a rural or even suburban feel. I didn't realize this until my late 20's when I spent some time in actual "small towns" and was horrified.

The thing I like least is there are no good places for banh mi or bibimbap, nor Indian food. At least we have tons of seriously awesome Thai and Mexican, though.
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback. Fanta, I am in love with Colorado Springs!
  • jetskisimpson
    jetskisimpson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lynden washington! Love having Mt Baker in the backyard (love skiing) and of course the Seattle Seahawks! Hate the rain and drizzly months
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    Middle of the Pacific. Love the ocean! Love living in Paradise. Hate how expensive it is to live here.
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not gonna say exactly where, but somewhere in California. The best thing: It looks like paradise where I live, it's right on the coast, and the weather is perfection. Worst: Too expensive. And traffic can be bad.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Bowden Alberta
    Dislikes there's a prison close by, it's a real small town with a one main street, I live next to the school so I hear the Bell's every day, likes I like the people friendly not like the city's. I hate the winters here
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I live in California. I love it here. It's a beautiful place with great weather, but too many people agree with me. So, the traffic sucks, it's expensive to live here, and it can get crowded.

• Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    St. Louis, MO. I love it because I was born and raised here, I love my Cardinals, I love the actual city itself, but we are losing it all to violence and hate. It makes me very sad, and almost makes me want to move away.
  • asilva66
    asilva66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Rhode Island! Love summers, hate winters! Speaking of which, damn blizzard predicted for Tuesday. All I can say is, glad I can log in my snow shoveling into MFP!

Looking forward to moving south in a few years. Any SC, GA, FL residents on here? If so, where do you live and why do you love/hate it? Great thread!
  • christiec2015
    christiec2015 Posts: 85
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I live in the West Midlands, UK. The down sides to my particular area is things get stolen....we tried to do my front garden up, put nice little ornaments etc on the tree, but people tried to steal them (luckily we have a squeaky gate and caught them that time!), they used to steal the milk from the doorstep and they also stole some solar panel butterfly lights and my moms bike. The positives? Not much, to be honest. I feel although I hate it, I've lived here all my life so don't feel quite right anywhere else
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    asilva66 wrote: »
    Rhode Island! Love summers, hate winters! Speaking of which, damn blizzard predicted for Tuesday. All I can say is, glad I can log in my snow shoveling into MFP!

Looking forward to moving south in a few years. Any SC, GA, FL residents on here? If so, where do you live and why do you love/hate it? Great thread!

Hi new MFP friend! I live in South Florida just above West Palm Beach. The weather here is great Nov. -Apr. it's warm, sunny and low humidity. However May - Oct. It's hot, humid but if you are a beach person perfect. Cost of living medium range. We raised our four children here and love it. Consider Florida for your move. Also no state income tax here which is a real plus.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    South Central, Texas. I actually really love my city - lots of history and fun things to do. Low cost of living, and it's easy to get out of the city into nature. Best of both worlds.

I hate summer, though. Passionately.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I live in Montgomery, AL. I love it here. It is inexpensive to live and the weather is great as long as you don't mind the heat! Montgomery has a great small town atmosphere and it is 3-5 hours away from Nashville, Atlanta or the beach! The biggest downside is the crime.
  • I live in north Georgia on the Tennessee line and love that it's quiet up in mountains and beautiful.. Hate it's up in the mountains and nothing else here lol
  • SarassicPark
    SarassicPark Posts: 117 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I live in Melbourne, FL. It's in central Florida on the east coast of the state.

My least favorite part is the heat. I'm a northern girl and I will never get used to the humidity. Eternal summer sucks. I like snow.

HOWEVER... living only a few minutes from the beach is pretty awesome. That's the only part I like about summer here. We have an awesome zoo, which I get into for free because my friend works there. We have an awesome downtown scene with great restaurants and shops. Orlando is an hour away, the Space Center is less than an hour away. The other day I watched a rocket launch from MY FRONT YARD. Overall this place is pretty fantastic. I just have to get used to the heat. Blegh.

1555313_10151866202655773_2098781119_n.jpg?oh=69cac2c1221e3da555ce1e430384b6f4&oe=55638F1A&__gda__=1431798976_a956ba1c2d5e55a99f1f8066e53a3a51
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    Manchester, UK

Best: Family are all here
    Worst: Always grey and full of chavs.
  • jfloria
    jfloria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in Monument, Colorado. I just moved here from Orlando, Florida. I love that I actually like to be outdoors here but I miss the beach and the theme parks.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Beautiful western Colorado. I love the outdoors and living in a small rural county outside a town of less than 2,000. I can hunt and fish out my front door and the local farms provide really fresh food daily. However, no local university results in poor cultural opportunities and a lack of intellectual stimulation. Also the poor economy results in most people with "get up and go" getting up and going. That's the price I pay for peace and quiet, seeing the stars and eating really fresh food.