A month in so starting myfitnesspal to up my game

Options
So I decided I really needed to lose weight, so on January 1, 2015 I stopped eating fast food and drinking soda. On January 5, 2015 I stopped eating sweets (candy, chocolate, baked goods). Since then I lost 5lbs, then nothing. I'm currently 34 years old and weight 314.4 lbs.

Today, I decided that now that the cravings aren't so bad anymore, it's time to up my game. I decided to start counting my calories. I put in my calories for the meals I have prepared for the day (I work today, so my groceries are low, so it was a scramble day for preparing meals). Though the meals aren't the best, they still come up to only 1172 calories and the nutrients being very good ( my sugars are the only problem since I'll be taking in 90 g instead of the 63 g).

But I'm hopeful and I already briefly looked at the forum and realized I need to more accurately measure my food by using a scale, and taking apart what I eat. I'm very excited.

I'm hoping in 2-3 years I'll reach my goal weight of 140 lbs. Wish me luck!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! You sound like you have the right attitude. Log everyday and log honestly. Even if you have a day with a slip up, log it. You can do this :)
  • nyghtrain
    Options
    Will do! My goal is to always log as honestly and as accurately as possible.