First gain

Options
so I've gained suddenly from sodium and stuff but this is the first time I've gained over the course of a week. I feel really pathetic. I worked out four times this week and walked at least 2.5 miles everyday. I ate pretty well. I did have pizza one night, but I only had 2 slices of thin crust veggie pizza. I had Chinese last night, but only ate the vegetables out of the moo goo gai pan and one piece of sesame chicken. My sodium was in check all week and my calories were great. I pushed myself extra hard on the elliptical. Please tell me why my SW was 128.2 and now I am 129.6? I'm so confused! I did everything right. I doubt I gained a pound of muscle in a week, I doubt it was sodium, and I Know I didn't eat 700 calories over matinence everyday.

P.s. I'm about to open my food diary.

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Its more than likely just water. Drink more water and it will go away.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i think it's changes in water weight, honestly. my weight goes up and down too. i can have a really good day -- eat right, exercise -- and my weight will be up the next day. you just have to trust that you're doing the right thing even if the number on the scale shows differently.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Can my muscles retain water just because I switched up my excersize routine?
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Take it from somebody that has been there. Even if you don't go over on your sodium intake when you eat Chinese it will retain the fluid. Even if you are not over on your limits your body will still hold onto the fluid. Any swelling? Rings, fingers, feet? What I have learned from my awsome friends on here is to enjoy chinese but make it at home yourself. That way you know exactly what is going in it. Today is a new day. Just start fresh today. You can do it.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Probably just water. Don't freak too much. Will change again tomorrow. Weight is a pendulum and will go back and forth. I stayed steady all week, ate out and "gained" 3 pounds next morning- NOT! Today I am back down to before disastrous scale number. Drink lots of water and remain strong.
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but Chinese food tends to have a lot of seasonings n its loaded with sodium
    .. Probably you need to drink a lot of water... More than likely is water weight/retention!
  • BeeHummingbird
    Options
    Don't worry I gained the other week also not much but enough to go ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
    and as I am not looking at losing that much its hard with the last 5 kilos
    And I don't wont to get back on the scale this week anyway um ;-}
    I guess I do it when I feel comfortable to do so.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Probably just water. Don't freak too much. Will change again tomorrow. Weight is a pendulum and will go back and forth. I stayed steady all week, ate out and "gained" 3 pounds next morning- NOT! Today I am back down to before disastrous scale number. Drink lots of water and remain strong.
    but this wasn't after a day... It was over a week. I actually weighed myself the before eating the Chinese food and I had gained the 1.4.... I thought it might be daily fluxiation but then I maintained that gain so I feel like it's not water weight.... Unless the water retention is coming from something else.
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can my muscles retain water just because I switched up my excersize routine?

yes. if you are working different muscles that you have not worked before then they can retain water. The good news is if you keep working them they will lose the water.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Just wondering... Could it be something other than water retention?