need some advice...plz

Options
I'm out on the road with my fiance...he travels for his job. We have been in iowa for a while..the problem is, how to eat. His company puts us in hotels without kitchens. All we have is a microwave and a fridge. We have a george fourman grill, which he uses alot for his diet. So my question is, how can I eat well in this situation. The fridge sucks! We bought chicken breast and salmon and it spoiled in like 2 days. What kinds of foods can I get that are good for me so I dont eat at these horrible places around here.

Ash

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    canned veggies, non canned fruits (lower sugar), there's usually some stuff you can just add water to. like prepaclaged. Yes, not the best, but at least you'll know how to track it as opposed to something at a restaurant. Maybe you could walk and pick up meat for that night then come home and cook it right away? you can get non refrigerated milk.
  • bzelady
    bzelady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would do a spinach salad with grilled chicken. I would also do microwavable brown rice with a meat of your choice on the grill.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just buy your meat for that night.... buy chicken and bags of pre washed salad and live off that!!
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Get a steamer to do fresh veggies! All you need is water and a plug.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could purchase a small crockpot as well. Throw in 2 chicken breasts and lots of veges. Supper will be ready for you!
  • ashleyjo2
    ashleyjo2 Posts: 13
    Options
    very good idea...thank u so much
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Buy the already grilled or cooked chicken and salad in the bag. In places like Italy it is not uncommon to shop frequently at the local markets to get the freshest foods...Americans like to stuff the freezer in case of disaster ;)
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I travel for a living too.. airline pilot... I have become an expert on how to eat on the road! a few notes as I am pressed for time, more to come:

Tuna pouches
    Salmon pouches
    flat rounds (bread)
    broccoli florettes
    beans beans and more beans
    soups
    precooked packaged rice
    apples, oranges, banannas
    beef jerky
    chicken breast in a pouch
    sun dried tomatos
    pickled anything... I like asparagus and mushrooms
    raisins
    oatmeal
    dry cereal, you can buy milk anywhere
    egg whites (hard boiled)

Mix any of the above for a great meal or just eat it alone!

See my photo of my lunch box below in my signature.... This is an example of 3-4 days worth of food... breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks....