Stuck at 196...

I started my journey December of last year. I got my husband on board and we shop healthy, lots of fruits and veggies. Turkey instead of beef, skim milk (our daugther drinks it more than we do). I started at 205-206 and now I am at 196 and have been for awhile now I eat my calorie limit every day and do cardio for 45 mins for 3 times a week and the other days i do yoga or body weight exercises. I'm not sure what I am missing. I know it wont come off instantly but I should have lost some...

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    How long have you been stuck? Weight loss plateaus are caused either by eating more than we think or burning less calories than we think, or both. Without an open diary, it is only guessing at this point.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    do you use a food scale? Weigh , log, measure everything?

Have ou adjusted your calorie goal down since losing the weight?
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    You need to open your diary so we can see what your intake is. Also, what is your height?

I've been at a plateau of sorts since Christmas. I've been up and down the same three pounds, but I've also been eating a lot of different foods than I normally do. I could be miscounting, there could be more sodium than I realize, etc etc etc.

In the past, I would have gotten frustrated because I want to see results, but these days I realize that I need to give my body time for it to do its thing, and I need to give myself time to figure out what will be sustainable for me in the long run.

Best of luck to you! I wish I had found MFP at 21. If only I knew then what I know now!

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Agree with others so far... Even when you switch to healthier options, you can still over eat. I think it's good to get a handle on the types of food you're eating and then work on portions. That's how I approached things and it was less overwhelming for me.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    That is not bad progress for two months. Weight loss is not linear. There will be some times like this. Do check your serving sizes. Best wishes on your continued progress.
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    I just got told by a trainer for 3 weeks aim at 300 calorie burn doing liis and 300 calorie burn of hiit don't look at the amount of minutes . Then the next 3 weeks aim at 1 liis of 350 calorie burn and 1 hiit if 350 calorie burn then 1 liss 400 calorie burn hiit 400 calorie burn then start from 300 calorie burn both hiit and liis again . Pretty much repeat I'm on my 2nd week . Good luck !!! Hope it works for you!!!

Dml_1993 wrote: »
    I started my journey December of last year. I got my husband on board and we shop healthy, lots of fruits and veggies. Turkey instead of beef, skim milk (our daugther drinks it more than we do). I started at 205-206 and now I am at 196 and have been for awhile now I eat my calorie limit every day and do cardio for 45 mins for 3 times a week and the other days i do yoga or body weight exercises. I'm not sure what I am missing. I know it wont come off instantly but I should have lost some...

• Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2015
    Some suggestions....Drink more water, make sure you are going to the bathroom regularly, change up exercises to cause muscle confusion, sometimes resting and taking a day or two off sort of resets your system so when you get back on regular schedule you start losing again. Don't beat yourself up on days you go over on things. These things have worked for me when I felt I was stuck on the same few lbs. Make sure you are getting enough protein and fiber. Relax. This isn't a contest. You will get past the plateaus if you just stick with it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Can you open your diary?