Hello

Options
Hoping to lose 79lbs. I was inspired by a story about a woman who lost 171lbs using fitness pal. I've tried so many different things to lose weight. Maybe I'll make it this time. Thanks
Vicky

Replies

• ivallena23
    ivallena23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I've had the app for a bit but never took it seriously or stuck with it. I'm determined to lose around 40 pounds. Honestly you just have to remember to be honest with it. I have a hard time with that when I eat sweets but the app makes you realize that no matter how scrumptious oreos are, it's a bad idea to eat a sleeve of them. Good luck on your journey and if you need any positive motivation, feel free to add me!
    Morgan
  • csiriddle
    Options
    Thank you Morgan!
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi!

I have done Weight Watchers a few times and had good results but fell off and gained everything plus more back. I have also tried low carb which only was a temporary thing for me. Now I am trying this and watching my calories! So far so good - it's only been a week for me and I have quite a bit of ways to go but I had some eye opening things and it's time for me to crack down on this.

Good luck to you and reaching your goals!
  • csiriddle
    Options
    ahokay89 wrote: »
    Hi!

I have done Weight Watchers a few times and had good results but fell off and gained everything plus more back. I have also tried low carb which only was a temporary thing for me. Now I am trying this and watching my calories! So far so good - it's only been a week for me and I have quite a bit of ways to go but I had some eye opening things and it's time for me to crack down on this.

Good luck to you and reaching your goals!

• csiriddle
    Options
    I am a diabetes nurse educator & we teach carb counting because carbohydrates have the most impact on one's blood sugar. Insulin resistance causes the body to pack on weight because many of the body's cells won't allow insulin to help blood sugar out of blood stream into cells. This app had a sugar limit of 45 grams I believe. I think that will be very helpful!
  • KKBr4D
    KKBr4D Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm right there w you. I'm trying to be diligent with logging everything that goes in my mouth. It has been such an eye opener.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love this app and logging everything.... It has turned into a must with me. I am down 30 pounds now. I have learned soo much. Anyone feel free to add me. the more support the better
  • csiriddle
    Options
    Wow Bradley, that is awesome news. Very encouraging