Post Op dieting

Options
Hi all, I've successfully lost 3 stone and would love to lose another... Unfortunately I've just have surgery and won't be able to drive for 6weeks never mind getting back to my usual fitness routine of gym 3-4 times a week. Any ideas on how to get my body fat down while being out of action would be welcome. :)

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You can still lose weight or maintain without exercising. Recalculate your calories as sedentary and aim to hit your calorie goal. Keep on mind your body may be healing (depending on your surgery), so you may want to decrease your deficit (maybe half a pound a week) or even set mfp to maintain. See how you do and a just according to how you feel.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You should probably check with your treatment team in this particular scenario. Your body will need a certain amount of calories and nutrition to heal itself from the surgery and none of us would be able to advise you on that. You really don't want to risk slowing down your recovery time.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You should probably check with your treatment team in this particular scenario. Your body will need a certain amount of calories and nutrition to heal itself from the surgery and none of us would be able to advise you on that. You really don't want to risk slowing down your recovery time.

So this. Recovery is more important than weight loss.
  • niferbyrne
    niferbyrne Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys all sound advice, it's just been such a long journey Id be disappointed with a real set back... But ur right I'll check with team :) But will adjust in meantime to sedentary goal. Thanks again