HELP!! Please invite me to join.

Options
At age 63, I have 2 knee replacements, 1 repaired femur that snapped in half, a reattached Achilles tendon, 2 fused cervical vertebrae (and surgery coming up in 2 weeks to do the same to vertebrae above those two). Didn't know osteoarthritis could occur in double digits, but I have it in 25+ joints. Have osteoporosis, too. Figured that was enough for a young senior whose body seems intent on leapfrogging ahead a few decades, but, no, had to have the label of fibromyalgia added to the list. In short, I hurt everyday, but real pain is now a high bar to reach. Breaking a femur is unimaginable agony! After that, I usually shrug off daily pain. Usually. But it is also unpredictable pain. I'm told this is the fibro part. Never know from one day to the next how I'll feel in the morning. Have learned how to work around most aches, but the fatigue? Different story. Simply cannot wake up enough to function some days. Good days require frequent rest periods; activities are timed between 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the energy level. So, an invitation to join, accompanied by cheerleading, suggestions, helpful hints, and more cheerleading would be most welcome and appreciated.

Replies