Multiple fitness tracking apps connected to MFP

Options
Does anyone else have multiple tracking apps connected to their MFP app? I have FitBit, MapMyWalk, and the iPhone Health apps connected directly to MFP. I also have Nike+ connected to the iPhone Health app. I think this is causing some confusion in logging workouts. For instance, I took a 3.5 mi walk today and tracked it on my FitBit, MapMyWalk, and Nike+ all at the same time to see how different the outcomes were. Now there are 3 entries in my Exercise Diary: Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog (74 min/592 cal burned), Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 min mile) (69 min/0 cal burned), and Fitbit Calorie adjustment of -631 calories (I have the negative calorie adjustment enabled on MFP.) I suspect it may have something to do with the iHealth app being connected to Nike+ because of the 'run' language. I think I'm just going to disconnect all apps except the FitBit. Anyone else having this kind of issue, and if so, what did you do about it?

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I did and actually turned them all off but one--Runtastic. Everything was importing, exercise-wise and it looked ridiculous. I wear a HRM and log in calories manually for strength training, since Runtastic logs my cardio (outside). I also use the HRM to log calories burned from indoor cardio.
  • duandrews79
    duandrews79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit for day/night tracking. I take it off when I go running though because I don't want it to double count the calories. I use runtastic for my runs. So far, this has worked pretty well. The calories that I burn exercising are added back to my daily limit, but I try not to eat them unless I am just really hungry (trying to lose weight).