Fitbit, MFP and Runtastic

Options
Hey everyone!

I've seen a few posts and discussions on running apps linking with Fitbit and MFP - the whole calorie adjustment process and the fear of double counting.

Are the steps counted on Fitbit from running using Runtastic duplicated when the exercise with x amount of calories burned from Runtastic are posted to MyFitnessPal? Fitbit and Runtastic are not linked to each other - Runtastic sends to MFP and MFP sends the exercise info to Fitbit.

This is also the reason why I haven't activated MFP's step tracker in the app itself as I'm not sure if this will just double count what Fitbit counts or if they both track and just take one from the other for calorie adjustment as well?

Just want everything to gel together nice and smoothly :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    They should adjust for each other as long as you have all the times correct. When it sees an overlap in time it adjusts accordingly.
  • duandrews79
    duandrews79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take my fitbit off when I run just in case. ;)
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count "steps" for the purpose of counting calories, as they should be included in your regular daily activity that is used to compute your daily calorie expenditure based on an estimated metabolic rate. If you measure the amount of steps you take, you may use it to make a more educated guess of that activity level, but don't add your regular steps on top of it.