I need help please

Options
Hello, my name is Tanisha and i am new to this group, I think I need some motivation on support to lost weight... Is there anyone that can help me?

Replies

• niferbyrne
    niferbyrne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey tanisha, have u started your journey yet? Have u set ur goals?
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would agree that setting goals is the key. The MFP app is really good for monitoring your calories and can help you set a weight goal. I have heard others talk about not worrying so much about weight but rather focus on strength, fitness, flexibility, and eating right then the weight will take care of itself. I like that concept.

Make sure you set some fitness goals. Run a race, Triathlon, or whatever you might be interested in doing. There are lots of online guides for prepping for races, 5k, 10k ,etc. My suggestion is to try to find a workout group or buddy. Someone that has similar fitness goals. I believe it is easier to be consistent with our workout plans when we incorporate a social aspect which is why a workout buddy or group is so important.

And make sure that you add some friends on your MFP app so that you can add accountability and support to your calorie tracking. In fact, I have been tempted this afternoon to find a nice sugary treat to eat, but then I think about having to put that on my meal tracker.... I guess it works!! SOMEONE PLEASE HIDE THE COOKIES!!!

Hope this helps!
    -Scott