One year, 100 lbs.

Replies

• soulmotor
    soulmotor Posts: 7 Member
    Great job. Though I can't begin to fathom 20,000 steps on a daily basis!!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Congratulations :) you look great
  • itsforme1106
    itsforme1106 Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring so many of us that need continual motivation on this journey! You rock!!
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Wow!! Amazing job!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    What an awesome change! I have only hit 20,000 steps a couple times, you're inspiring me to get more in!
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Lookin good!!!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Hitting Onderland is a huge step - I suggest taking a picture of the number on the scale. I printed it out and hang it on the computer monitor. I think it means more to me than the lower numbers I'm on. Congrats, you look wonderful.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2015
    @kar328‌ I definitely took a photo of it! :D Mainly to have proof for myself since I still can't quite believe it.
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Came back today for my inspiration and I wasn't disappointed....I have 245 pounds to lose so I appreciate you say 100 pounds is definitely doable in a year. We have a rower, two treadmills, two bikes, stair stepper, elliptical and free weights right in our basement so I have no excuse....was thinking I'd wait to get down to 350 (383 now) before I start anything other than the bike....starting that this week....starting with twice a week for 30 minutes....used to do it and fell off the bandwagon!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    @PatinMich‌ - totally doable! And yes, if you're motivated to start an exercise routine, I say go for it! The bike sounds like a great idea, even just walking on the treadmill is great.

I started the C25k program, outside, when I was just under 300 lbs. For me, it was important to start slow so I could build up endurance. Trying to go too fast in the beginning is a great way to burn out or get injured, so I went with the rule that I should be able to hold a conversation, even when running. So I went SLOW. Really, really slow. But it worked - I was able to finish every workout, and slowly improved both endurance AND speed, even though I wasn't really trying to increase speed - it just came naturally as I got more fit. Now that I run regularly, I still follow the "be able to hold a conversation" rule. So while I feel like I'm moving slowly every time I run, I've actually improved my 5k time by 3.5 minutes over the last 2 months!
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    @redwoodkestrel - thank you so much!
  • Congratulations!! This is my second day on MFP and you have given me the encouragement that I need to move forward.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Wonderful! <3 You did a great job.
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    We see the hard work! You're AMAZING! I need your strength :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Love the determination keep up the good work
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    WTG!!!!!!!! I hit 101 lbs gone this morning..I started in March so we are almost on the same schedule..doesnt it feel great?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Magnificent! (*)
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Needed this today! Reminds me that my hard work will pay off eventually!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Wtg! You look great!! :-)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Fantastic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!