Not eating enough?

Options
I feel like I eat constantly but MyFitnessPal has been telling me I may not be eating enough. I'm hypoglycemic and tend to feel faint once in a while but I still want to lose stubborn fat on my hips and belly! I need advice!!!

Replies

• Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. And they do happen. Is it constantly that this happens or just occasionally? If constantly than maybe incorporate more snacks in your day. This will help your metabolism speed up which will help you loose weight. I try to never let myself drop below 1200 cal per day, so if by about 7:00 pm I am not there yet I try to find some sort of snack to put me over. Again low cal days do happen and as long as it is not too often it's not a big deal.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    If that's you in the photo, you don't look like you need to lose weight. In fact, you look fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    megnh93 wrote: »
    I feel like I eat constantly but MyFitnessPal has been telling me I may not be eating enough. I'm hypoglycemic and tend to feel faint once in a while but I still want to lose stubborn fat on my hips and belly! I need advice!!!

What are your stats, and how much are you eating?
  • megnh93
    megnh93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was yesterday. The calories are set pretty high right now because I usually go to the gym every day, but even when the calorie goal was 1200 I wouldn't get enough. Oh and I usually eat more than that for lunch but yesterday I went to the movies and didn't get any snacks. Can any of you help me with a diet that will help my metabolism and help me burn the little extra fat that I can't seem to shed?
    oew7io7gpehq.jpg
    2e1922g18ssj.jpg
    d70mioj09gll.jpg
    5j2l5wluad36.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is that you now in your profile picture? If so, you don't need to lose weight.

Also, you increase you increase your calories by eating more calorie dense foods.

Instead of posting pictures of your diary, please open it up so that you can be given more concrete advice.

There is not diet that will help with metabolism. Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

If you are shedding a few extra pounds, your goals should be set lose lose .5 pounds a week.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I still want to lose stubborn fat on my hips and belly!

It sounds like this is just the shape of your body. People store fat in different places, you store it on your hips and belly. You will likely always be similarly proportioned regardless of how much weight you lose/gain. If you're already a healthy weight, try looking into weight training to develop muscle in places to "even out" your body. You can't control where you lose fat on your body.

The best advice I have for you, is to find a way to embrace your body shape and be happy with who you are.
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi hun im exactly the same my cal def is 1200 i need to lose a stone i stuggle to get the cals but my nutrition side is good as long as you are getting yhe nutrition right i wouldnt worry about it to much .....good luck x
  • megnh93
    megnh93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I just made my diary public. That picture is from a few years ago but I weigh about the same, maybe a few pounds less. And yes my goal is set to lose .5 lbs a week although I'd really just like to lose fat and build muscle (which probably won't result in much weight loss at all). I want to tone up, I don't want to settle with the extra fat on my body. I KNOW that I'm not overweight and don't need to lose a lot of weight but these are my goals. Thank you guys for the help and any other advice is greatly appreciated.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What type of exercising do you do? It looks like u eat pretty well. So maybe work the areas you want to tone :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    megnh93 wrote: »
    Ok I just made my diary public. That picture is from a few years ago but I weigh about the same, maybe a few pounds less. And yes my goal is set to lose .5 lbs a week although I'd really just like to lose fat and build muscle (which probably won't result in much weight loss at all). I want to tone up, I don't want to settle with the extra fat on my body. I KNOW that I'm not overweight and don't need to lose a lot of weight but these are my goals. Thank you guys for the help and any other advice is greatly appreciated.
    All I see in your diary is one day-today, I believe. You ate way below your calorie goal. You don't weigh your food, you use some generic entries. What looks like a medium banana may or may not be 100 calories. I weigh all my food, and I've never had a banana that came out to exactly 100 calories, but anywhere from 85-145.

Listen, you said yourself you know you are not overweight. This means you don't need to lose any weight, period. You also can't tone certain parts of your body, and you can't spot reduce.

I truly believe that taking up weight lifting and eating at maintenance might give you the look you desire. Your weight might stay the same, or you might put on a few pounds, but if you eat to support your weight lifting, you will be able to do a body recomp. This means you will wear a smaller size but not lose weight.

I've been doing a body recomp for the last year now and I can't believe it's me when I look in the mirror. Recently, I've gotten the surprise of going down a size while my weight is staying about the same. It's amazing!

I encourage you to check out the The New Rules of Weight Lifting--the books as well as the group here.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Kgerber777 wrote: »
    What type of exercising do you do? It looks like u eat pretty well. So maybe work the areas you want to tone :)

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. :)
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to lose fat and build muscle and not necessarily lose weight then I would suggest that you start following some sort of weight lifting routine. Work out your TDEE on here first based around your activity level and go from there calorie wise. Don't be afraid to eat! Here is a link to a site that I currently use for a weight lifting routine, they have everything from beginner level and female workouts to the more advanced routines as you progress. Good luck! Steph. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/main.html
  • Chls122
    Chls122 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with SLLRunner and stephxo1, eat your TDEE and life weights, it really does wonders! I'm in the same boat, only a bit more fat to lose but I like where I am weight-wise, I've been lifting weights for about a month now and I'm already seeing some results.