Belviq users

Options
Hi everyone! Kinda frustrated as everyone I've seen here so far is smaller than me and I just found this part of MFP. I was wondering if anyone is taking Belviq in addition to using MFP and how it has worked for you?

I am currently 5'8" and weigh 249. I've lost 7 lbs in less than 2 weeks. I am only taking Belviq in the late afternoon instead of the two prescribed pills a day as it makes me sleepy and I drive 6 hours a day for my job. Plus, it cost me $227/month so it's pricey for me (with taking it only once a day, the $227 makes it a 2 month supply).

I've been a yo yo dieter all my life; I have to get this under control for health reasons (high blood pressure/cholesterol) and I have a 7 year old son at home. If you use Belviq and have any pointers, iI would appeciate it!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I personally would never take belviq or any other weightloss medication. The side effects are just not worth it. If you read into the side effects, belviq can actually cause rapid weight gain. The exact opposite of what you want. If you have any psychiatric disorders or take any psychiatric medications, belviq can interfere with them (big reason I won't take any weight loss meds). It also list UTIs as being a frequent side effect, as well as gynecomastia (males developing breast tissue). I would do a lot more research before just putting a drug in your body.
  • rachaelsdaycare
    rachaelsdaycare Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi!! Just wanted you to hear another perspective on belviq. I have been on it for 12 days and LOVE IT!! For me, it has been a blessing. There is now a maximum $75 out of pocket cost savings card available!! Best wishes on your journey!! (There are two Facebook groups for Belviq users and they have been very helpful and informative on my journey). :smile:
    Hi everyone! Kinda frustrated as everyone I've seen here so far is smaller than me and I just found this part of MFP. I was wondering if anyone is taking Belviq in addition to using MFP and how it has worked for you?

I am currently 5'8" and weigh 249. I've lost 7 lbs in less than 2 weeks. I am only taking Belviq in the late afternoon instead of the two prescribed pills a day as it makes me sleepy and I drive 6 hours a day for my job. Plus, it cost me $227/month so it's pricey for me (with taking it only once a day, the $227 makes it a 2 month supply).

I've been a yo yo dieter all my life; I have to get this under control for health reasons (high blood pressure/cholesterol) and I have a 7 year old son at home. If you use Belviq and have any pointers, iI would appeciate it!