Men over 50

Options
I'd like to see men over 50 come out of the "closet" and share their experience.
I'm 53 soon to be 54 and want to loose about 20 lbs. My ideal weight would be 150lbs. I have a muscle disease that limits the type of exercise I can do. I'm a Regional Manager for a Property Management company, so I'm mostly a Desk Jockey.
Just got my Striiv last week and so far have enjoyed tracking my progress and setting goals.
So far I've only lost 1/2 a pound.
MFP keeps telling me I'm not eating enough calories in a day. I'm eating what I usually eat, just watching my portions. I should have been loosing weight. BUT NOT. What's up with that ?

Replies

• jim2550
    jim2550 Posts: 22
    Options
    Go on the striiv group just search striiv
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    December 2011 I was 225. I wanted to start running again and playing ice hockey.
    I'm a desk jockey too. I wasn't exercising and my diet was poor. When I tried to run again, I couldn't. Forget playing ice hockey.

On a Friday, a friend of mine who is my age told me he recently had had two heart "procedures", also in 2011. That was it. I joined a gym the next day. I've worked with trainers off and on at different gyms since then. I've run in three 5Ks all in under 30 minutes since then. I regularly play ice hockey again now. I did it all thru diet (using MFP) and exercise. I cut out sugar (pop), fast food and added sugar and salt. No processed food either. I eat grilled or baked food, not fried and tons of veggies and berries. MY BP is down too.

I'm 50 years old and feel better now than I did at 25. I am down to 175 and been as low as 170.
  • eddiemac617
    eddiemac617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was 274 after losing 50 pounds. Was disappointed with my self, and on top of that was diagnosed with diabetes. Have dropped 40 pounds and want to lose 30 more. You all have an idea how difficult it is to lose weight when you are older.