help

Options
Im a new mommy to a beautiful 6month old. Im havin trouble with finding the best workout plan for a sahm.... Im in need of some serious M O T I V A T I O N!!!

Replies

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Only you can give yourself the motivation and dedication you need, BUT, I am a SAHM and student... I have 3 kids. It's tough at first, but once you find a good routine, you'll be able to get workout time in regularly. I use my treadmill and been getting into the FitnessBlender videos on YouTube.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a yoga mat and a nice set of 10-lb. dumbbells from Target. I leave both by the TV in the living room. I try to get in 100 sit-ups a day (20/rep.), jog in place, TaeBo kicks, planks, push-ups... There are lots of good YouTube videos of exercises that don't require equipment (well, except for the hand weights). Skip the cheerleader and promo. stuff at the beginning, but the videos give me ideas on what exercises to put into the rotation. I just put on the HGTV and exercise away! You can break your exercise up into small chunks throughout the day if you get interrupted by the baby.

Good luck! You can do it!

Exercise at Home YouTube Playlist
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take advantage of the less-mobile first year because the older they get the more constant attention they need lol Both of my kids started walking at 7 months and then they were (and are) always underfoot. If possible try to get your baby into a fairly predictable routine so that you can plan your meals and workouts around their schedules. Also when you know your baby really well you can often predict when they will get grouchy and overwhelming so you can plan a healthy snack or calming cup of tea for those stressful moments.