I'm back baby! 5'1" & want to lose 30lbs at least

Options
Hello!

I have used my fitness pal in the past with great results. I lost 15 lbs and kept it off.
I want to lose another 30 lbs at least.

I used an elliptical the last time but now I have zero equipment.
Winter can be tricky as it can get icy out here, but I need to get some cardio in some how.

I am 5'1".... barely.
I'm super excited and looking for friends to keep me motivated.

Wishing you health and happiness.

Replies

• noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello xx I am also a shorty girl, 5ft ish , my highest non pregnant weight was 144lb . I had my son and lost so much weight after birth, to 113lb and stabalised at about 126lb with another 2 children. Then last 2 years I have suffered severe depression and put all back on to 143lb. Any depression is on hold , feeling better, but hate my body now, I hate how I look naked, for the first time in my life i'm getting undressed in the dark.
    Im back, I want to be happy again and thinner. My ideal goal weight is 100lb , simply because i was that weight when i met hubby for the first 3 years. Hopefully i can get there again. But realistic goal is 120lb
    Anyway enough chatter..Im about to do the 30 day shred on 1st feb. My eating habits have changed so much , i'm excercising more and I have lost 5lb since christmas..BUt its very stubborn!
    Hope its ok added you as a friend xx
  • fitnfineme
    Options
    sufiheart wrote: »
    Hello!

Hello! I am new to MFP. You mentioned you were using the elliptical previously. Was that the only cardio you did?

I started using an elliptical at home. That is the only cardio I do & work in aerobics mode with a resistance between 18 & 21 for an hour. I need to lose from my lower half of my body, make my legs look LEAN! Will it help?
    Thanks. & Happy weight-loss! :)

• sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    add me
  • sunigetsfit
    sunigetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello xx I am also a shorty girl, 5ft ish , my highest non pregnant weight was 144lb . I had my son and lost so much weight after birth, to 113lb and stabalised at about 126lb with another 2 children. Then last 2 years I have suffered severe depression and put all back on to 143lb. Any depression is on hold , feeling better, but hate my body now, I hate how I look naked, for the first time in my life i'm getting undressed in the dark.
    Im back, I want to be happy again and thinner. My ideal goal weight is 100lb , simply because i was that weight when i met hubby for the first 3 years. Hopefully i can get there again. But realistic goal is 120lb
    Anyway enough chatter..Im about to do the 30 day shred on 1st feb. My eating habits have changed so much , i'm excercising more and I have lost 5lb since christmas..BUt its very stubborn!
    Hope its ok added you as a friend xx

You sound Very motivated!
    My goal weight is 125 lbs but once i get there i'll see how i feel. I may want to lose more, i just haven't weight less than that since highschool. I barely remember how it felt to me. So I'll see then. Us shorties have more room to be healthy at lower weights... but not so much room in the other direction :P
  • sunigetsfit
    Options
    fitnfineme wrote: »
    sufiheart wrote: »
    Hello!

Hello! I am new to MFP. You mentioned you were using the elliptical previously. Was that the only cardio you did?

I started using an elliptical at home. That is the only cardio I do & work in aerobics mode with a resistance between 18 & 21 for an hour. I need to lose from my lower half of my body, make my legs look LEAN! Will it help?
    Thanks. & Happy weight-loss! :)

Hi,

I used the elliptical 80 % of the time and also went on long walk/runs 20% of the time. I did that about 5-6 days a week for 45 mins-1hr. I used the moving handles everytime on the elliptical and i found it to be effective on my legs for toning and my upper body as well. I did add some squats now and then too. This time around i'll be doing more body weight exercises as well.

• Bethany7053
    Bethany7053 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also deal with the short struggle. I am only 4'11 and was up to 160 pounds after having my children which put me in the "obese" category by my BMI. I have some health issues and just feel absolutely miserable at this weight. I started my diet/exercise routine about 3 weeks ago and I am feeling amazing! I am losing about 2 pounds a week. I added you :)
  • sunigetsfit
    Options
    I also deal with the short struggle. I am only 4'11 and was up to 160 pounds after having my children which put me in the "obese" category by my BMI. I have some health issues and just feel absolutely miserable at this weight. I started my diet/exercise routine about 3 weeks ago and I am feeling amazing! I am losing about 2 pounds a week. I added you :)

That's great! I remember how difficult simple tasks started to get when i got to 170 lbs and that weight had just crept on.
    Thanks for the add :)
  • Silverlaced14
    Silverlaced14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'2" here! 164 lbs.....I always have been a fuller figure girl and love chocolate! Weight loss always a struggle. My husband bought me 21 Day fix and it has been great, helps me with portion control, I can exercise at home, there is a modifier you can follow to start out!
    Please add me seeing others results are really motivating for me xx
    Jen
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5'1 here also. Looking to lose 25 lbs.
  • sunigetsfit
    Options
    5'2" here! 164 lbs.....I always have been a fuller figure girl and love chocolate! Weight loss always a struggle. My husband bought me 21 Day fix and it has been great, helps me with portion control, I can exercise at home, there is a modifier you can follow to start out!
    Jen

Same here. It's definitely more motivating having support and seeing others success.

I also love that chocolate :p
  • sunigetsfit
    Options
    Jen

Same here. It's definitely more motivating having support and seeing others success.

We have a very similar goal.

Sending you a friend request!
    All the best
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    5'1" myself here...the struggle is real. ;) I still have another 23 lbs. I want to lose to be closer to my goal weight. I'll send you an add, it's always nice to have people in the same boat around!
  • Silverlaced14
    Silverlaced14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    quote="sunigetsfit;31022887"]
    Jen

We have a very similar goal.

Sending you a friend request!
    All the best[/quote]
    :-) thankyou! Looking forward to it!