Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anybody struggle with weight loss that has hashimotos?

Lindachilikjohnson
Lindachilikjohnson Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Difficulty losing weight with hashimotos?

Replies

• Is there any medications to raise your t3-4 levels, I think hashimotos has something to do with the thyroid glad.
  • Lindachilikjohnson
    Lindachilikjohnson Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes taking levothyroxine for thyroid but hard to lose weight. Started walking 5 miles per day a week ago and keeping track with fitbit. Doing 1200 calories per day and no weight loss so far...

• jmd0053
    jmd0053 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Linda. I have Hypothyroid and take Synthroid as my Thyroid hormone replacement also I'm permanently on a low Residue diet. I didn't drop weight for a very long time while exercising and dieting but I did lose a few inches overall. After approximately 60 days my scale moved !
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Yep--I have Hashimoto's, primary hypothyroidism, PCOS, pre-diabetes/metabolic syndrome AND adult HGH deficiency.

I've still lost a lot of weight and kept it off.

You just have to work harder.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Dr discovered I had Hashimoto a few years ago when they removed a tumor on one of my parathyroid. They have not been doing anything for it though. They said that I would eventually start to gain weight and then I would have to go on medicine.