Breast feeding momma

Options
13»

Replies

• MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I was nursing and felt like my supply dwindled, I started eating oatmeal every day!! And I drank "oatmeal tea" - boil like 3-4 cups of water, add a handful of oatmeal and let it cook down, then drain the water off the oatmeal into a cup. It taste just like you would think it should, but at times has a thicker consistency. I added a little brown sugar to mine too. The combination of the protein and the fiber in the oatmeal along with the added water from the "tea" picked my supply right up! And if all else fails, add a pumping session to ramp supply back up. Yes its hard, its always going to be hard...Read http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants this will help sum up healthy weight loss, and as another poster mentioned, you only need to add about 300 cals/day to maintain supply. Just try to make good choices and get the most bang for your cal buck!...good luck ladies, you can do it!!
  • lydiaanne1977
    lydiaanne1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just sent invites to a few more of you! The more the merrier! So far I'm really struggling to make healthier food choices... But I know I'll get there! And I added 500 cals to my target, so I won't have issues with milk supply.
  • valerie1699
    Options
    I found a few recipes and made one. Not to bad... Better warm!