Psoriatic Arthritis - Do you suffer from this?

Options
I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis and would love to hear how people cope with this condition particularly with exercise.

Replies

• needlerknits
    needlerknits Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and husband has psoriatic arthritis. We're quite a pair. Daughter also has rheumatoid. Husband can't walk far at all. Daughter and I can go out and walk 2-3 miles, but I'm not able to do a lot of exercise that involves hand and foot joints. I'm trying to motivate my husband to gradually build up to walking more.
  • Barbsailstheseas
    Barbsailstheseas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is good to hear from someone else who has arthritis. I understand how you all must feel. I use to be so active until about 3 years ago. My feet give me the most grief. I have just recently had one of my tendons removed from my foot and this has helped a lot. It has been a slow recovery. So I find it hard to exercise and this over time has helped me put on weight, which is my reason for joining MFP. In the summer I am able to exercise in the pool. It would be good to have few articles on arthritis with exercise and diet.
  • BalkanBlonde
    BalkanBlonde Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have psoriatic arthritis. I'm not doing the drugs, but trying to control my symptoms via diet and supplements. A lot of mine is stress-related and I feel more pain when I'm dehydrated.it is very hard for me to exercise because it's in my hands and feet. I used to do swimming which was awesome, but I do not have time for that anymore since I have three children and one is a baby. I would like to start doing yoga at home. I try to go around the block one time every night. What do you guys do for exercise besides walk?