For the ladies out there! (Sorry Fellas)

have you noticed a difference with your weight loss/gain while AF is about?

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I bloated like crazy this month. I never noticed I bloated before, but I've also been so heavy for the past year that my hormones were totally out of whack. Now I can actually SEE the bloat. That and the fact I binged on 10 mini chocolate candy bars yesterday because my emotions were out of control so I just... ate. And ate. And ate some more. Yesterdays calories were over my goal by 400 calories. >.< Good thing I don't eat like that every day.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Sure. As much as 4 pounds that will slough off between one day and the next.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    I can guess, but what does AF stand for?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Aunt Flo.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

aunt flow? maybe.

and yes yes yes yes yes, and yes.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member

2nd, I'm confused. In guessing period related.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    ok! thanks :) When AF comes to visit I usually crazy hungry for 1-3 days and my weight loss stops or I even gain a little. This is usually right beforehand. Then towards the end I usually lose weight quickly.
  • kez0305
    kez0305 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks ladies :)
    And yes AF or Aunt Flo (period related)
    This is the first month I've taken any notice of my weight so I was hoping is wasn't just me lol. I was having steady weight loss until about 2 days before now 2 days into it and it feels like I'm doing twice the work just to stay the same weight.
    Hopefully it's all water weight
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Thank goodness AF no longer visits, but I recall gaining as much as 4-5 pounds of water just before, and then losing it within a week after. I also felt hungrier, so I think I ate more than usual.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    I refuse to weigh during that time, i have insane cravings and the best I can do is hold on for dear life to what I believe is right!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    due on today and up 1.6lbs

that's quite normal - anywhere from 1 - 6lbs around TOM

but then after I generally drop an extra 2

my weight loss is very much affected by TOM including ovulation as well

but the overall trend is downwards .. daily / weekly fluctuations are interesting
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Yeah AF came a couple days ago - I am up 3.2lbs, I am not going to weigh in until next week because I don't want to go up and then it says I lost 4lbs next week, when I know that is because of this time. I will always weigh to see the fluctuations. I have noticed as well that both TOM and ovulation affect my weight. It is very interesting.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Odd, mine just didn't show up this month. Had all the signs but then nothing. Its not a coincidence between that and the change of diet but I'm not sure what is going on.
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    I don't weigh myself during that week, the one time I did I was up a few extra kg. So I just skip that week for weigh ins.

This is my life every month *sigh* I get so bloated and weak I might as well as have become a beached whale
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    I don't have AF visit due to the depo injection so I only know where I am in my cycle by how bloated and hungry I feel. It was last week x
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    Odd, mine just didn't show up this month. Had all the signs but then nothing. Its not a coincidence between that and the change of diet but I'm not sure what is going on.

could you be pregnant?
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Not even the slightest chance
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    I think I lose most of my weight for the month during the first few days of AF, then it just seems to stall until the next month. I'm experimenting with not weighing myself at the moment as it was making me neurotic - I'd be trying really hard with the weight loss and not seeing any change for weeks on end. I'd then end up getting really down about it and thinking "stuff it" and eating a ton of chocolate or something. It is hard keeping away from the scales though, they are magnetic!
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    I wish I knew! I had a subtotal 12 months ago and so I now have no idea where I am in my cycle. Maybe I should start taking note of where I fluctuate in the month more often so at least I could blame my jumps in weight on that!! lol
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    I am at my lowest weight the week before Cousin George shows up. I am at my highest weight the week Cousin George visits. If I am at my WW weight and maintaining (going in to be weighed once a month) I go in that week before to get weighed, otherwise, I do NOT step on the scale those two weeks, or, if I do, I factor that in. It's too depressing to go down 2 lbs and then up 4 in two weeks.