Tips on tightening skin after pregnancy

Options
Hey, I'm at the beginning of my weightless journey, I'm down about 4kgs, still another 26 to go, but I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions to help tighten skin... I suffered badly with stretch marks after having my little girl, and I'm afraid if I lose a heap of weight then my belly will be all flabby. Help please !

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to be a little loose. Don't believe the magazine covers. Don't believe the wraps or creams are going to make the stretch marks disappear or your skin shrink up like magic. Do some strength training to minimize and to tone up... but don't expect it to meet your expectations.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    While it's possible, there isn't much you can do. I believe people say staying hydrated will help. It's possible that after losing weight and maintaining for a year or 2 your skin might tighten up.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that there is a huge possibility that I will have loose skin after this is all done and over with. I'm hoping that my skin will tighten up some as I maintain. Worst case scenario, 2 years into maintaining it's still there. If it really bothers me at that point, I will look into surgery to have it removed. To me though, the health risks of carrying around to much fat are far worse than a bit of loose skin.

Oh and the thread stickied at the top of this forum might interest you. The "So you want a nice stomach"...that was written by a woman who has kids and amazing abs.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There was another thread about loose skin posted by a woman had pretty good pictures. You might search the forum on that.

I'm a year into this and I definitely have loose skin, but I can also tell that the skin is getting better, like it will look worse and then better. And I'm in my 40s and have been overweight almost my entire adulthood. I think if you're younger, there is a better chance of your skin recuperating.
  • mitchell_212
    mitchell_212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I've been pumping the water and I'm 26 so hopefully after maintenance for a while the skin will start to bounce back... I never expected to be a super skinny perfect abs kinda girl, I know I'll always have stretch marks but if I can tighten things a little I thought id try anything!!! Haha!!
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My belly looks like Freddy Kruegers face at 90. I hope it firms up. How many months PP are you?
  • mitchell_212
    mitchell_212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My belly looks like Freddy Kruegers face at 90. I hope it firms up. How many months PP are you?

She's 21months... I feel like I've only now gotten into a good routine to now spend some time on myself.
    2015 is my year :)
  • Mswack78
    Mswack78 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I was 24 when I had my first and had distasis recti (stomach muscles split and dont return back together) this causes the saggy skin that will never return... I had a tummy tuck 5 months ago...best thing I've done, my back is now strong and I hav a core again! Though it will get better...keep at it
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Slow weight loss - drop fat and you will see a good improvement
    Lift heavy to retain as much muscle as possible during this
    Give it time - like 2 years plus - for the skin to shrink back
    Try Bio Oil for stretch marks, it might help but really they are permanent generally

The rest is down to genetics and luck