Need tips for a Work Out Plan

Options
I just got a gym membership and I've been looking for a work out plan. I'd like to lose weight ultimately, but I do want to get toned and lift weights. Anyone have a good plan for beginners. Ideally I'd love to work out everyday. I've searched online for some good work out plans but nothing really catches my attention. Please help!

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    If your gym offers a free trainer consult, my all means take advantage of it.

For free weights, Stronglifts 5x5 and Starting Strength are both excellent beginner programs -- generally 3 days a week. Other days, you can do cardio or stretching of your choice (group classes, treadmill, spin, run outdoors, swimming...depends on what you like to do).
  • letmv4
    letmv4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely check out those sites.
  • oriole35
    oriole35 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oxygen Magazine has a special edition out now, and it has lots of good strength training workouts for beginners, I just got it and was so impressed that I am taking a subscription.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you're completely new to working out then take it easy to begin with and make sure to have some rest days in between days at the gym. You're body will need to rest and you don't want to burn yourself out and get discouraged early on. I've linked a site with a variety of beginner workouts below. If you pick a 3 day weights program then you can incorporate some cardio around this and go from there. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner.html