New to this!

Options
Hi my name is Taylor, I am new to my fitness pal. I have a lot of weight left to lose, around 90-100 lbs if possible. I want to better myself, and become more fit and healthy. Who knew doing this would be so hard. I find it extremely hard. I tend to give up easy, I have to quit doing that. I could use some encouragement and advice, if anyone is willing to help. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• bryanfindleyrocks
    Options
    Hi Taylor,
    Nice to meet you! I have found a few things that I have read VERY helpful in keeping myself motivated.
    (*) The first thing is to NEVER call it a "diet" :s ...I refer to it as a lifestyle change. Diets tend to fail. Lifestyle changes (at least positive ones) tend to last.
    (*) Another huge thing is to be as accurate as you can when you are logging food and exercise. I personally go back every few days and look at which foods had the most calories and various other aspects in order to adjust my food intake...It makes things very simple.
    (*) Another thing is to find support anywhere you can. I have found some support here, but also from family members and friends on Facebook. Don't be afraid to post when you lose a pound or 2...People will be supportive. Even if you fall off the wagon a bit and gorge yourself one day, people will say stuff like "one day is okay just don't lose your momentum." Portion control can be a major problem, so watch that as well...
    Just be true to yourself, watch your intake, drink LOTS of water ( >:) the hardest part for me), and keep a positive attitude...We're all in this together!
    If you need any motivation or just to want vent, let me know!
    Bryan B)
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome Taylor,