New and wanting to jump start my weight loss!

Options
Hi, my name is Sarah. Last year, I unfortunately had a flare up with my Crohns Disease. I ended up being put on a high dose of prednisone for 9 months. I also had to downplay my workout as anything to strenuous (such as running, Olypticals, and jumping) cause me to double over in pain due to my intestines not being able to take the jostling around. I also had a hard time handling the situation so I began to stress eat. The combination did not treat me well and I ate my way to a sad 198 pounds. So far, I have lost 10 pounds since starting, but I have a long way to go. I'm disappointed with myself for not taking better care or myself when it was probably most important, but I also know that I can turn it around and start today. I'm hoping to meet other people here that are losing weight and are willing to be my weight loss buddies and help each other keep on track and give support! It's nice to meet you all and looking forward to working together to lose the extra weight!

Replies

• geishaghoul
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

So sorry to hear about your Crohn's flare & the set backs that came about as a result. (My best friend of 20+ yrs also suffers from Crohn's, so I have some basic knowledge of the condition.)

Congrats on getting back on track and on your 10 lb loss already, that's awesome! Anything I can do to help you stay motivated or whatever you need, I'd be happy to help!
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lets be there for each other thru our ups and downs.
  • musicsarahdarling
    Options
    Thank you both for the encouragement! I think my toughest issue to deal with is that I like to eat the bad food way more often than I should. I tried doing "break days" and it just extended to other days. I'm hoping I can re-train myself to eat healthier more and really portion sizing when I do eat the fatty foods. Plus, I know I feel way better when I'm eating better, don't know why I'd rather eat junk food, anyways. Good luck on your progress! :)
  • NitatheGreat1963
    NitatheGreat1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, celebrate your losses and successes no matter how small. Keep up the good effort. It all adds up.

Cheers, Nita