healthy BMI

Options
pen282
pen282 Posts: 168 Member
Hi everyone :-)

Hope you're all doing well today!
Today was a good day scale-wise for me so I feel the need to share!

The last few weeks have been difficult for me; I am now taking anti-depressents for anxiety and due to the side effects I have been havin trouble sleeping, eating more junk food and havn't been to the gym so much..
Last time I weighted myself (I weigh officially roungly monthly) I had gained 1lb...
Not a huge amount I know but I am getting married in 2 weeks so it was a little disheartening, but pretty expected..

Today I thought I will weight myself since yesterday was my final dress fitting..
I expected realistically to have gained weight, however I have gone from 147 (10st 7) to 143lbs (10st 3) and I am sooo pleased!
I am wondering if it is to do with the fact I decreased my loss from 1lb per week to 0.5lb per week (I only have a few lbs to go you see)..? What do you guys think? I have been eating a little better now back at work so so I guess that must help!

I know the BMI thing isn't totally accurate as doesnt take into account athletes builds ect but I am now in the helthy range and feel so pleased! I hope that I will look healthier in my wedding pics and when people compliment me on my wedding day, I will believe what they say, rather than think they are just being nice!

sorry for rambeling there
keep up the good work everyone

:-)

pen x

Replies

• Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you !

I cant wait to get into the healthy range!
  • yelobuni
    yelobuni Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing Pen282. I got married last summer but only had 9 months from the day we got engaged til the day we married so I had a lot of planning to do and wasn't so worried about my size. I'm now trying to lose the love weight. I give you massive kudos for all the hard work you've put in. The best way to check your BMI is with a BMI handheld thing. I can't think of what it's called but most gyms will have one and it sends some sort of signals through your body so only reads fat and not muscle.

@Delicate, where did you get your exercise ticker??

Heather
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i really doubt it is because you changed your goal from 1 lb per week to .5 lbs per week. it is most likely that you are just eating better.

pretend there are two of you. same exact person doing two different things. the person eating fewer calories or who has the fewest net calories will lose weight faster than the other person.