Eating

Options
After this weekend I should not eat for a month. I don't know why I can get the exercising under control but not the eating. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Dig deep!!!! You are really the only person who can make these changes. When I've strayed a bit and need to get back on track, I find that planning & prelogging my food helps a lot as well. Don't look back with regret - learn a lesson and move forward.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Try providing more information so people know what it is about control and why its so difficult for you? care to open your diary so we can see whats going on, see your eating pattern and whats happening.

The control over eating comes from self discipline and understanding that what you eat is down to you. Take responsibility and commit/

If what you are hinting at is that you are bingeing, then look at why you are doing it. Ut might be your attitude, poor execution, poor math or understanding of diet, poor food selection etc. Hard to say without more info and you helping us.

The prelogging advice above is a very good start. You should also set yourself a realistic calorie deficit that you can sustain.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me it is my sugar addiction. I have acquired the taste for more vegetables, and have even conquered the sodium monster. I have cut WAAAY back on salty "stuff", and I work out 2-3 times a week. I now live alone and know better to not bring sweets into my house. My latest bozo move was bringing mexican chocolate into my home. I thought dark chocolate is good for me, but I lose control and eat the whole thing, adding 400 calories and mondo sugar to my day. It is such a problem with me. I really think I need aversion therapy to get over my sweet addiction. I had an easier time giving up tobacco!!!
  • GolfsOften
    GolfsOften Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Throw away the bad stuff in your kitchen/refrigerator and don't bring them back in your house.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Schedule healthy high protein snacks so you don't get cravings, and make sure you get enough sleep so you don't feel the need for a sugar hit.

Also, studies have shown that diet beverages and drinks containing artificial sweetners cause your body to crave more food, so avoid them too.