Getting back to my goal

Options
Really hoping that mfp can help me on my mission. I lost 4 stone on weight watchers, and foolishly instead of changing my eating habits, just reverted back. Luckily I have only gain 20lb (bad enough). Tried WW again with their new points system where fruit and vegs is free and even after a year not a lb was shed. So I am hoping that good old fashion calorie counting is going to be the way forward for me. It has been very encouraging reading the notice board, and looking forward to joining in.

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good old fashioned calorie counting is what does it for me, so welcome and good luck! :-) I was 200 g away from goal and let things slip, so I am back on reduced cals now to get rid of what I put back on, and so far so good!
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was a ww looser as well. 5 stone and am still trying to find my medium ground to maintain. I yo yo up and down about a stone from my ww goal. I knew I did not want to point for the rest of my life. So about a month after reaching my goal I stopped pointing. I find calorie counting more suitable and (when Im willing) easier to drop a few pounds. I did not believe in a lot off ww ethics when it came to what you "can" eat. I still attend meetings to maintain my gold card and find it encouraging to be around the group of people. I love the forums and people on my page. It is defiantly a great resource and community. So welcome and I wish you all the best.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It really does work when you stick to it, and it's the easiest weight loss and maintenance I've ever had! :)

As a newbie, I highly recommend that you read the "stickies" posted in the Getting Started area and apply them. They go all the way from learning to count calories as accurately as possible, to finding the best way to lose weight, to finding the best entries in the database... And so on!

All the best! :)
  • Wibbly1966
    Wibbly1966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi thank you for all your support, and am enjoying counting calories it does seem to make more sense. xx