Open diaries who stay under sugar

Aps123
Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Just curious if anyone stays under thier sugar goal on here and what you diary looks like. Thanks!

Replies

• danniibella
    danniibella Posts: 23 Member
    inever stay under my sugar beacuse of the fruit i eat so i no longer really count my sugar!
  • caligirl86
    caligirl86 Posts: 82
    Yes.. I am wondering this as well..
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    I once logged a small handful of baby carrots and went over my sugar... and I hadn't logged anything else that day!
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    I would love to know this as well. I never stay under on my sugar and I really would like to!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I stay under some days. A lot of it does depend on the amount of fruits that I eat that day.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    I ignore it. :)
  • kels_love
    kels_love Posts: 23
    All of my sugar comes from fruit, but it's natural so I don't consider it bad. I just try not to eat any fruit about 3 hours before I go to bed.
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    ive pretty much been ignoring it as well since fruit takes up all the sugar fast. i am definately amazed if people are able to stay under!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    i don' track sugar because it's virtually impossible for me to stay under it and it just frustrates me to see it. i am always over in fat and sugar, but i stay within my calorie limit and i exercise daily, and i have consistently lost 1-1.5 pounds a week, so i just don't even worry about it.
  • glitterbell23
    glitterbell23 Posts: 10 Member
    I never stay under my sugar. I am drinking a starbucks right now and I am over my sugar by 25 lol. I dont count it anymore.
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Never able to stay under the sugar limit-ever! I'm usually over by lunch-time. :/
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    If I subtract The sugar from natural foods then I can stay within my Sugar allotment most days, but I'm always over according to MFP.

How Much Can You Feed Your Sweet Tooth?

Sugars found naturally in fruits and milk are not a problem. It's the added sugars that need to be limited because they provide calories but few vitamins and minerals. You'll find sugar-laden food at the top of the Food Pyramid. Added sugars can be found in soft drinks, candy, jams, jellies, syrups and table sugar we add to coffee and cereal. Added sugar can also appear in sweetened yogurt, soups, spaghetti sauces, applesauce and other items where you wouldn't suspect it unless you check the list of ingredients.

Here are some guidelines for added sugar based on calories in the daily food choices:

1,600 calories - Limit sugar to 6 teaspoons per day or 22 grams per day
    2,200 calories - Limit sugar to 12 teaspoons per day or 44 grams per day
    2,800 calories - Limit sugar to 18 teaspoons per day or 66 grams per day

So if the food label on your sweetened yogurt says a one-cup serving contains 22 grams of sugar, and your meal plan has 1,600 calories a day, you've eaten your day's allotment of sugar.

http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/nutrition/food-pyramid.asp
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    i would only bother looking at it if youre diabetic or something. I dont think its a big deal to go over on sugar a bit otherwise, especially if its all from natural sources
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I would also love to see some diaries of folks who stay under the limit.

I've never been able to stay under (mostly b/c of fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal). So I just stopped tracking.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Drinking a sports drink, usually puts me over my limit.
This discussion has been closed.