Smoothies

Options
teedub63
teedub63 Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2015 in Recipes
My breakfast has usually only consisted of a Green smoothie in which I place many different powdered/liquid vitamins in. I LOVE my Magic Bullet as it is quick and easy to make.

My normal recipe is:
  • Banana
  • OJ
  • Greens (organic powder purchased at store)
  • vitamins/supplements

Lately I'm interested in eliminating the banana which I liked because it added some thickness to the drink. Does anyone have any great recipes they can share that are good for breakfast, low in calorie, tasty and Magic Bullet friendly?

I'd particularly be interested in a quality (organic) protein powder that you like (low on rice and no whey protein)

Thanks!
    Trish

Replies

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is my basic smoothie recipe: 1 scoop whey protein isolate, 1/2 cup FF Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 1/2 cups mixed power greens, and a few drops of liquid stevia. I change up the fruit (strawberries, pineapple, pears, peaches, blackberries, raspberries) and greens (carrots, cucumber, sweet peas) just to give me some variety.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hm... Why eliminate the banana? It really does give a nice thickness and sweetness to the smoothie. Get rid of the OJ instead, it's basically just sugar water in my opinion. And I thought the whole idea with the Magic Bullet (et al) was to use natural items instead of artificial supplements.
  • smckain1
    Options
    This is my basic smoothie recipe: 1 scoop whey protein isolate, 1/2 cup FF Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 1/2 cups mixed power greens, and a few drops of liquid stevia. I change up the fruit (strawberries, pineapple, pears, peaches, blackberries, raspberries) and greens (carrots, cucumber, sweet peas) just to give me some variety.

That sounds delicious! My nutritionist gave me one called "The Green Monster" which looked quite tasty even withe the greens, as well as some fruit ones. Texting her now to get them resent and will share then. Thank you.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lately: 1 Banana, 1 slice of pineapple with core, 1" ring of papaya, 4-5 baby carrots, 1 cup packed spinach, and a half of a beet. Yummmmmm
  • 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Breakfast would be this or similar:
    spinach, carrot, broccoli, pear, an orange. lemon or lime juice to sweeten, and flax seed oil.
    (can substitute fruit and/or veg for other varieties)

or choc whey, a banana, oats, and honey, with water. (if I have a craving for something sweet, or post workout)