An open letter

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Dear Butthead, driver of the much-too-large SUV,

I get it. You NEEDED to take up two lanes of traffic because you couldn't decide which way to go this morning. Maybe if you hadn't had your cell phone in one hand and your oversized, overpriced latte in the other, you could have, I don't know, PAID ATTENTION TO THE ROAD! There are other people on the roads, not just you, and not all of them are as patient and forgiving as I am. You are lucky that you only got a honk and a middle finger from me, the guy behind me wanted to kick your butt! Just remember, that your destination is no more important than anyone else's. We all have places to go and people to see, and we should all be doing our best to get there safely.
Pull your head out from where the sun doesn't shine, and maybe you'll be able to drive better.

Yours truly,

the (irritated!) driver of the red GTO that you cut off twice this morning.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Dear Butthead, driver of the much-too-large SUV,

I get it. You NEEDED to take up two lanes of traffic because you couldn't decide which way to go this morning. Maybe if you hadn't had your cell phone in one hand and your oversized, overpriced latte in the other, you could have, I don't know, PAID ATTENTION TO THE ROAD! There are other people on the roads, not just you, and not all of them are as patient and forgiving as I am. You are lucky that you only got a honk and a middle finger from me, the guy behind me wanted to kick your butt! Just remember, that your destination is no more important than anyone else's. We all have places to go and people to see, and we should all be doing our best to get there safely.
    Pull your head out from where the sun doesn't shine, and maybe you'll be able to drive better.

Yours truly,

the (irritated!) driver of the red GTO that you cut off twice this morning.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yes.

Dear Driver of the Green Mini Van that tried to kill us all yesterday,

When you live in Minnesota, its quite important that you check to make sure your tires are not bald when you choose to pull out in front of on coming traffic, soon to realize that your car will go NO where. Tires left spinning, sitting in the middle of the road, while the people (myself included) who you so hurriedly had to get in front of now are breaking and fish tailing to avoid a collision with a van loaded with innocent children.

Please stay inside this winter, if you have not yet adjusted to Minnesota driving, considering you've probably lived here your whole life. The roads will only get worse, and if you, lady in the green mini van, continue to travel the roads, will inevitably end up hurting me, someone else, or your precious cargo!

Sincerely,
    shkaki in the ford escape (luckily with 4 wheel drive)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    yes.

Dear Driver of the Green Mini Van that tried to kill us all yesterday,

When you live in Minnesota, its quite important that you check to make sure your tires are not bald when you choose to pull out in front of on coming traffic, soon to realize that your car will go NO where. Tires left spinning, sitting in the middle of the road, while the people (myself included) who you so hurriedly had to get in front of now are breaking and fish tailing to avoid a collision with a van loaded with innocent children.

Please stay inside this winter, if you have not yet adjusted to Minnesota driving, considering you've probably lived here your whole life. The roads will only get worse, and if you, lady in the green mini van, continue to travel the roads, will inevitably end up hurting me, someone else, or your precious cargo!

Sincerely,
    shkaki in the ford escape (luckily with 4 wheel drive)

Please add to that the 6 wheeled trucks that insist on going 70 down 494 in the slush over black ice while my little plastic '97 saturn (with perfectly good tires btw) gets blown off the road by the road crap you're oversized tires are spitting at me. we all know your big truck is compensating for something ;-)
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dear person who cannot pick up their dog poop,

We live in an apartment complex. Part of the lease agreement which you and I and all of the other residents signed that allows us to have pets stated that we would pick up after aforementioned pets. Because you (among many others) have not been picking up after their pets, there is now a $25 fine in place for anyone getting caught not picking up after their pet. Yet you still REFUSE to pick up a giant pile of steaming dog poo that YOUR dog left so conveniently near the location where my sweet dog likes to go potty. That said I believe you owe our apartment complex a $25 fine and in particular you owe ME for the steaming pile of dog poo that I had to clean off of my favorite gym shoes and up out of my carpet and off of the steps up to my apartment. I believe that brings the bill to around $1,025. Please make this payment immediately by check or money order. Also DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let this happen again or refuse payment (recurring charges will ensue). The wrath of karma will be much worse than my own (if I knew who you were).

Thank you for your cooperation,
    The woman who stepped in your dog's poo
This discussion has been closed.