Feeling really discouraged!!

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone could help maybe look at my food diary and see if you can see anywhere I am going wrong. I've been working out about 4-5 times a week (3 cardio sessions, 2 weight/strength sessions, 30 minutes to an hour), and have been sticking to my caloric goals pretty closely, yet I feel like I'm seeing very little change. In all, I've lost 1.4 pounds, and maybe 3 inches on my waist, 1 inch on my thighs, and 1/2 inch on my arms since beginning the week before Christmas (although I have not had MFP that long). With that being said, in the last 2 weeks the only change I have had is 0.6 pound weight loss and 1/2 inch off my waist. I do my best with trying to make sure my calorie count is correct by measuring and weighing my food. I'm not sure if I'm being too impatient with this, or if maybe someone can see something I'm doing wrong that I cannot see. I have done weight watchers once before and feel like I dropped the weight much faster and was seeing progress regularly, but I wanted to do it this time while also working out so that I will be fit when the fat is gone. Thanks for any help and encouraging words!!

Replies

• amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Not sure but I think your diary is private so you need to change that in "Settings"...
  • smartblond9684
    smartblond9684 Posts: 11 Member
    Sorry, I thought I did. I'll go check, thanks.
  • amandarunning
    I can see it now. Just looked at a few days and your macros look a bit carb heavy? Might be worth checking out IIFYM and see what their recommended ratio is. Your measurement losses look encouraging so perhaps focus on those rather than the scales?
  • smartblond9684
    I was thinking the carb thing too...most days I'm close to 50%, +/- a few percentage points, but my daily goal recommends that 50% of my diet is carbs...and I really am trying to focus on the measurements rather than just the scale, as I know I could be building muscle with the weight training, I just may be hoping for too much too fast; I didn't expect the process to feel this slow. Thanks for looking at my diary for me!
  • angiemann2007
    angiemann2007 Posts: 17 Member
    I keep having to remind myself that I'm not going to see the huge losses on the scale when I'm building muscle so I focus more on the fit of my clothes/measurements rather than scale....I agree that maybe now is a good time to re evaluaye not necessarily the calories but where they are coming from....lower your carbs, raise protein maybe....
  • smartblond9684
    Thanks, I'll give that a try! :D
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 433 Member
    Lets start by saying that your measurements are great. You should feel good about the inches lost. I agree with cutting your carbs a little. I would also sugget making sure you hit your proteing macro as well. I only looked back 4 days on your diary. Good luck.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Given it time. Even half a lb losses will add up over a few months.
  • smartblond9684
    Thanks, y'all are really making me feel better. Would you have a suggestion as to what I could/should increase my protein to and decrease my carbs to? Currently, MFP has me set at 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat.
  • amandarunning
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

I recently changed mine to 40/30/30 having been lower carb before that. Trying to switch things around to shift a pound or two!
  • smartblond9684
    Oh, thanks so much!! I'll let y'all know if the advice helps...hopefully soon!!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    I love my protein, so I pretty much always go over. I'm usually around 40% protein and 30/30 on the other two.