Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge! :)

Options

Replies

• UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Halina20 (115) and gmaanneliese - you are both in Gryffindor. but gmaanneliese - I need your start weight!!***

In the series, when the students get to school they are sorted into different houses based on their characteristics (they put on the "sorting hat" and it tells them where they belong).

Each Sunday I will post challenges for this week. They are just suggestions to help you reach your weight loss goals. :)

You must weigh in every Sunday on your House's page (or whereever your Head of House dictates). :) Each day on this page I will post some HP trivia or a quote. Start reading the books! I guarantee you will fall in love! :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Start reading the books! I guarantee you will fall in love! :)

I second that!! :bigsmile:
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun, how does this group work? :)

I hope I'm not too late to join as well. My starting weight is 170lbs and my goal is 135 lbs. Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:
  • lipe44
    lipe44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i heard the cut off to join was tonight at midnight...i hope im not too late to be sorted! my starting weight is 151 and my goal is 135! thanks!!!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i heard the cut off to join was tonight at midnight...i hope im not too late to be sorted! my starting weight is 151 and my goal is 135! thanks!!!

Hi, lipe44. Glad to see you got my message! Welcome to the challenge!
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know the cut-off was at midnight, but just in case there's a little fudge room (oops, I said a bad word...wiggle room maybe?) this is swell idea and I'd love to be a part of it! Huge HP fan here, have been since the books came out! :) Wish I saw this sooner :O
    Starting weight as of today 256, ultimate goal weight is 150 but by July? Down 10 pounds :D
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing as ashiesmash. I hadn't heard about this until today. <_< Would it be possible for me to join as well? I'm a huge fan of HP. :D
    As of May 1, I was 134.6 lbs. My goal for July 14th is to lose ten pounds. C:
  • BarnAvVårTid
    Options
    YES oh my, I've obsessed over those books, been able to quote things and I've had a game with my sisters that we open up the books on different places and read one line and then another one is supposed to tell in what situation that line was written or who said that line.

I'd love to be somewhere in this challenge, any house for me! : D
    Am I in time? I really really hope so.

I come from sweden.
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    OMG, I didn't hear abou tthis challenge till just now. If at all possible I would love to join in. My CW is 199 and my GW is 155.
  • kittycatcookie
    Options
    Id like to join :)

Current weight - 150 pounds....
    Goal weight - 126 pounds.
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    i'm in! sorting hat do your thing!

cw: 297.2
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i'm in! sorting hat do your thing!

cw: 297.2

Uno, put her in Ravenclaw if you can, please! We're roomies and it would be SO fun to have some house rivalry around our apartment :)
  • Ren0913
    Ren0913 Posts: 58
    Options
    I think it needs to be said, midnight tonight... What time zone? Just everyone's own, or Uno's? Just hoping to clear up some confusion and less frantic posts. :D
    Either way, excellent job Uno! You are doing a fantastic job and look how much this has grown within such a short time!! Its fantastic.... or should I say, wicked. :wink:
  • oici812
    oici812 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a very fun idea... I would like to be in.... My starting weight is 157.6
    Im not sure how this all works as far as looking up my "house"
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    I think it needs to be said, midnight tonight... What time zone? Just everyone's own, or Uno's? Just hoping to clear up some confusion and less frantic posts. :D
    Either way, excellent job Uno! You are doing a fantastic job and look how much this has grown within such a short time!! Its fantastic.... or should I say, wicked. :wink:

Midnight Eastern Time is the cutoff. :) The sorting hat is taking a nap right now, so he will sort everyone in the morning. Anyone who posts before midnight will be sorted and anyone who posts that they want in after midnight will not be sorted. Sorry guys! Had to put some boundaries.. :)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    What a very fun idea... I would like to be in.... My starting weight is 157.6
    Im not sure how this all works as far as looking up my "house"

Once you are sorted, click the link for your house (I think it is on page 16 or 17 and post your weight there every Sunday. :)
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I want in too!! Love Harry Potter :) Start weight: 184...Goal weight: 170
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    i forgot to give you my starting weight. it is 204. thanks so much
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The Hufflepuff House wishes all Moms a very Happy Mother's Day!! :flowerforyou:

Go Hufflepuff!

hufflepuff20shield.jpg
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    New members:
    nekoashi - 170 - Gryffindor
    lipe44 - 151 - Hufflepuff
    ashiesmash - 156 - Ravenclaw
    deepakris - 134.6 - Gryffindor
    DarkDiva2005 - 199 - Hufflepuff
    KittyCatCookie - 150 - Ravenclaw