My success with MFP

Options
mikedraper
mikedraper Posts: 18 Member
Hello,
Last summer I decided that I needed to change the way I live my life, in an effort to become healthier. I bought a mountain bike and started riding. My weight had reached 230 lbs. I rode that bike almost every day until the first part of November when the weather started turning to cold to ride. I then decided to join a gym so I could continue exercising through the winter. At the time I joined the gym I was at 226.5 lbs. I enjoyed the gym and continued to lose weight. In January i figured that I needed to put more focus on what I was eating. I joined MFP and started keeping track of my food intake and my exercising. I purchased a heart rate monitor that I wear around my chest and is paired with my phone so it will keep track of my movements and speed of my workouts. I've learned a great deal about myself and the impact of various workouts. Today marks the end of 6 months sense I joined the gym and I weighed in this morning at 199.5 lbs. I haven't been under 200 lbs in almost 15 years. Here is a few stats. As for the last 6 months I've now lost 27 lbs, it averages to 1 lb per week. Sense I started tracking my food and workouts on MFP I've lost 22.5 lbs which averages 1.25 lbs per week.
I hope my experience so far can help to motivate others to stick with it. I feel great and am excited to get back out on the bike and continue my journey to a healthier me.

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! What you are doing is awsome!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job...before you know it you will be the one posting those amazing before and after pics.
    This site is amazing and so are the people. The support and encouragement from others here keeps you going or provides you with that well needed pick me up when you think you don't have it in you.

Keep it up..you are doing great

all the best
    Goaliema
  • mikedraper
    mikedraper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to past photos in this forum page so, I put up a pic of me from a couple of years ago hiking and one from a couple of days ago, both pics are on my profile page if your interested.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Have a great day. :)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look a completely different person! Well done on all your hard work and determination.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!