Dear Lord, there is cake at work!

Options
give me strength, it is calling my name!

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your calories. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ideas:
    • Use the "talk to the hand" gesture and mentally say "NO".
    • Get the darn thing out of line of sight.
    • Have one piece within your allowance for the day and eat it veeerrrry slowly.
    • Wait ten minutes before deciding if you need a bite.
    • If you do eat it, own it. The cake didn't make you do it. You decided it was time for a treat.
    • Cut it up and walk around the office giving it away.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    dear baby jesus, please make cake appear at mt work too.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That's the kind of thing that makes it super hard to stay under. And, it always seems as though when I am trying really hard, that is when every single day is someone's birthday or some other celebration or special lunch (usually laden with empty calories) going on at work. Be strong sister. Have only a tiny piece, and do what all your annoying skinny friends do and pretend you really don't like all that sugary frosting because it's just "too much" and scrape most of it off. You got this!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »

What a stupid quote......wtf does it even mean?

I would wager everything tastes better than skinny feels.
  • SamT0824
    SamT0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Really really really not true and a horrible mindset to have.

Op: Try working in a cupcake store. :(
  • suagababie
    suagababie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lol...small piece to get a taste...and make sure to count it in your calories....lol
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!!! There is always CAKE at work!!! Or Pizza!!! LOL If you really want it- maybe just half of the serving (I know how insane that sounds) but at least you won't feel so bad later? :)
  • rayvn
    rayvn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Auuughhhh... loved the office food and HATED the office food lol I feel ya! Is it worth it? That's how I look at it now, will it really taste as good as the amount of calories/carbs it comes with... That is what I weigh myself against now. It's not that I can't have it but is it worth what it comes with and is there something better I rather splurge on lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Nothing tastes as good as having a healthy mindset about food

OP, have a small piece if you can work it into your calories. Even if it puts you a little over, it's not the end of the world.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing that makes it super hard to stay under. And, it always seems as though when I am trying really hard, that is when every single day is someone's birthday or some other celebration or special lunch (usually laden with empty calories) going on at work. Be strong sister. Have only a tiny piece, and do what all your annoying skinny friends do and pretend you really don't like all that sugary frosting because it's just "too much" and scrape most of it off. You got this!

Lol I do the opposite, I eat the frosting and give the cake to my kids :p
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

youarereallydumb.gif
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

635515964280865297-8886480_michaelscott10.gif
  • crashXD
    Options
    I agree - eat a tiny piece really really really slowly...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i always say that i'll have some later. i'll have some for my lunch dessert, or i'll have some with my afternoon coffee.

and sometimes i do. and sometimes i don't.
  • lisahughesdesign
    lisahughesdesign Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem where I work – there is always cake and biscuits in the staff room. I started baking my own gluten free banana bread which I add as a recipe in MFP to work out my portion sizes and calories and build them into my calorie allowance.

I also make 2 ingredient banana cookies which work out around 35 cals per cookie, but they are quite filling. Better than having a chocolate digestive (one is never enough!) Here's the recipe: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/09/2-ingredient-healthy-banana-bread-breakfast-cookies-with-delicious-add-ins/

Trick is to honestly estimate the calories before you eat them. It might help if you have more informed choices. I try to eat a handful of almonds for snacking on as it gives you more of a sustained energy release and doesn't give you the crash you get with sugary treats - such as cake!

Be strong and be prepared! Good luck :)
  • gretbkr
    gretbkr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I decided that I do not need to worry about going over calories just for a small satisfaction. You guys are awesome!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If you want to have some cake, fit it into your calories.

If you don't want to do that, imagine it covered in ants.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

rofl.gif