Weight fluctuates

Options
I got on the scale this morning (straight out of bed) and weighed 221. I have been weighing 225 but I didn't believe the 221 so I worked out drank water and got back on the sce and it was up to 224. Why does it go up and down and how do I know the right weight??

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Your best bet for a consistent weigh-in is to do it at the same time every day - but only record it once a week. I weigh myself in the morning while I'm brushing my teeth and record my weight on Mondays. Also be aware that water-retention is almost unavoidable during your period so don't get discouraged if you go up a couple lbs very suddenly - it will be gone in few days and if you stay focused on your diet/exercise regime you'll probably go down a little extra.
  • jodiekouns
    jodiekouns Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    Your best bet for a consistent weigh-in is to do it at the same time every day - but only record it once a week. I weigh myself in the morning while I'm brushing my teeth and record my weight on Mondays. Also be aware that water-retention is almost unavoidable during your period so don't get discouraged if you go up a couple lbs very suddenly - it will be gone in few days and if you stay focused on your diet/exercise regime you'll probably go down a little extra.

Ty!!!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You swell quite a lot when you work out. I retain water like nobody's business when I'm lifting and it takes a few days of no lifting for the water to settle down. Log your weight either daily or weekly and keep track of your "trend" using MFPs chart.

PS, your period (if you have them) will impact your weight. It throws me off and pisses me off actually, but it's to be expected.
  • jodiekouns
    jodiekouns Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    You swell quite a lot when you work out. I retain water like nobody's business when I'm lifting and it takes a few days of no lifting for the water to settle down. Log your weight either daily or weekly and keep track of your "trend" using MFPs chart.

PS, your period (if you have them) will impact your weight. It throws me off and pisses me off actually, but it's to be expected

Thanks for the advice!! My workout almost killed me this morning!!