Anyone Vegetarian/Paleo/Vegan or any other Food Lifestyles?

Options
I'm looking to try a new food lifestyle. I've tried being a vegetarian but I just ate alot of carbs instead of eating healthier. Anyone have any advice on the different food lifestyles and how to still be healthy while participating in them? Thanks!

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Id recommend you eat what you like, in smaller portions for weight loss. For overall health, try to get a mix of protien, fat, carbs, fruit/veggies everyday. I am a vegetarian, and I eat a lot of carbs, but that doesnt mean my diet in unhealthy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Id recommend you eat what you like, in smaller portions for weight loss. For overall health, try to get a mix of protien, fat, carbs, fruit/veggies everyday. I am a vegetarian, and I eat a lot of carbs, but that doesnt mean my diet in unhealthy.

This^^ Track everything you eat. Use a food scale, lift heavy for you and add a little cardio. A lifestyle that is easy to do everyday. Simple :) Best wishes!!
  • EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    Jmepp123 wrote: »
    I'm looking to try a new food lifestyle. I've tried being a vegetarian but I just ate alot of carbs instead of eating healthier. Anyone have any advice on the different food lifestyles and how to still be healthy while participating in them? Thanks!

I can give you advice. There is not perfect lifestyle that fits everyone, but the most ideal for the majority of people is paleo. But you don't have to be a strict paleo. I recommend you to get Chris Kresser book, "Your personal paleo diet" and you can learn how to do a 30 days reset and then adapt your paleo diet to your personal situation and health.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    why not try the "eat healthy foods in healthy portion and exercise" lifestyle?