100 pounds to lose

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Kayti Windham I am 5'4 270 pounds. I've never weighed this much in my life! Right now I'm aiming to reach the 200 mark by October 26 which is my birthday! My husband and I have set a reward for when I reach it.. A SHOPPING SPREE! He doesn't want me to get below 230 because he likes thick girls but my health is also important to him. I'm looking for friends with simular interest and weight loss. I do a low calorie diet and I just got an elliptical so.I will be using it. Having two kids it's hard to hit a gym.

Replies

• txlawyer87
    txlawyer87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm almost exactly in your same situation. 5'4, started at 275 lbs. Never been this heavy in my life! 3 weeks on MFP, and with the amazing motivation of people on here, I've lost 16lbs (and counting!) It's definitely do-able! Add me as a friend if you want the extra accountability, and we can help each other out!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey Kayti! Welcome. What a nice hubby! I am happy to lend some support. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi! I am around the same height and was 200 when I started this. Tomorrow has been a week since calorie counting so I'll weigh-in then. I am at my heaviest now and it's awful! I would love to help you and have you help me!
  • kelsidawn88
    kelsidawn88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am your height and over 200 lbs as well. Would love to have friends for accountability!
  • niclan13
    niclan13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello :) i have been a member of mfp for awhile.. on and off the wagon.. giving it a go once again.. looking to make new friends for encouragement and support. .. i am right around where you are as well... been on since jan 5th and down 8.5. Of course i would like to see lower numbers but i know i didnt gain this weight over night lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose over 100 lbs. I'm 5'4 and weight 260 lbs. I've never been this heavy and am miserable. I just started a medically supervised low carb diet, since I've gained almost 50 lbs in the last year. Look for motivation, support, and camaraderie. Please add me!
  • pattyodonnell
    pattyodonnell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have a great goal to strive for! (and after losing the weight, you'll definitely be ready for a shopping spree) I'm in the same boat... 5'3" and 200+ lbs. I've found MFP to be a good way to keep myself accountable. Feel free to add me and we can all help keep each other motivated! :)
  • lollynn
    lollynn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 248..... I just lost 11 lbs in the last 19 days cutting out white bread, potatoes, sugar ....pretty much the Dash diet....I love to cook, and have found a lot of recipes on Pinterest for Low Carb diets. My goal in life right now is to be under 200 lbs.....
  • lollynn
    Options
    Can someone tell me how you add people to keep in touch?
  • KaytiWindham
    KaytiWindham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Click on their name and add friend
  • lollynn
    Options
    It doesn't show on my iPad to add as a friend....can you add me? I'll try and go on my computer later
  • beccalgrubb3
    Options
    Hi Kayti! Even though I am far smaller than you, I believe we could be good friends and motivation for each other. We are fairly close in height(I'm 5'3.) Hope we can talk! ☺️
  • AmourMeansLove2014
    Options
    Please add me. I started at 212 and I'm at 205 and would love some buddies!
  • beeautyonly
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'2 and weigh 182 lbs. I would love to have a mfp friend. Feel free to add me
  • KaytiWindham
    Options
    I sent friend request I am not sure if y'all will get them I hope so.
  • lollynn
    Options
    Yes, now you come up on my news feed....I accepted it. I got to figure out how to get around the community.
  • KaytiWindham
    Options
    I'm still learning lol. Just found out u could have friends
  • ctaylor1475
    ctaylor1475 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayti, I'm Cindy and although our situations are a little different ( I'm 5' 7, 203 lbs, only 18, no kids, and not married) I think we could give each other motivation and I would love to have a MFP friend, please feel free to add me ! ☺
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 167lb. I was 202lb. Everyone add me. Would love more friends. Hoping to lose another 25lb
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome you share a birthday with my daughter. I have lost 106 lbs with 144 to go. Feel free to add me