Advice on fitbits and food scales?

Options
Hey there everyone. I'm about two months into my weight loss journey and I've already lost an amazing 20 pounds total. (145 left to go!)
Recently I've been hearing a lot about fitbits and digital food scales and I was wondering if its worth investing in these items. Are there any particular scale model you would recommend to get (or avoid)? Is fitbit as helpful as I hear it is?
Please share your thoughts, any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Food scale definitely. It really helps you gauge what serving sizes are.

The Fitbit is a matter of preference. I have one and love it, but I know some don't see the point behind them. I'm kind of a numbers nerd, so I love the Fitbit because it adds another dimension of numbers to my weight loss.
  • valmegb
    valmegb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use a titbit to aid my movement! My goal is 10,000 steps, 5 miles and 30 mins of activity a day. If I can manage that or more then I know I've had a good day but I still have to ensure my diet is healthy and balanced otherwise it would be pointless!

Hope that is helpful
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Food scale, definitely! Those initial 20 pounds probably dropped off fairly quickly because you have a lot to lose and you probably lost some water weight. But as you continue, you'll see that it gets harder and harder to keep losing. Knowing how much you're eating -- instead of just guessing or eyeballing -- is going to be one of the most valuable tools at your disposal as those deficit margins get smaller.

The fitbit? Meh. Personal preference. Some find them helpful. Some don't. I wouldn't necessarily recommend rushing out and spending money on one until you're clear about why you want it.