just getting started

Options
Good Morning! I am pretty new to myfitnesspal and I have to say I am very pleased, I believe it gives me motivation to push forward. I can't wait to log my food and exercise so I can see my progress and see how much I should have at my next meal. I have been practicing my new life change (easier to do than the "D" word) for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 10 pounds.

Replies

• soon2blollar
    Options
    That's awesome! I have really enjoyed the motivation on MFP =) feel free to add me if you'd like
  • jenpot
    jenpot Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel exactly the same - I stared this week on MFP and cannot see myself ever leaving!!! It feels like a 'friend' in itself logging food and exercise and having personal reports, congrats on weight loss! I hope to acheive the same soon :)
  • MarileeFerrante
    Options
    Thank you, jenpot keep on keeping on!!! And good luck to you as well!!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy weekend! I"m new to MFP also. I've lost 72 pounds over about 18 months with Weight Watchers but then hit a LONG plateau (since Christmas). I'm hoping that MFP will get me back in motion as I still have 20 pounds to go. Anyway, I really enjoy logging here and the reports, etc. available. This week, I decided to go ahead and sign up for my first half marathon so I'm in training in the running, which I started for weight loss and discovered a passion for!

SO, here's to meeting new people and making continued lifestyle changes. :flowerforyou:
  • AWHull
    AWHull Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone. I joined MFP May 1, 2011 adding it as an app on my iPhone. Love it. but ran into an issue when I discovered I can't access it at work on my phone because of a lack of a signal where my office is. So glad to find MFP online as well. I've just started my journey and I'm looking forward to using the tools and having a community I'm accountable to, to begin losing these 60 lbs.
  • missycat25
    missycat25 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI, I joined about a week ago, not lost anything so far though which is a disappointing. Really want to go give this a go this time, but finding it really hard I just can't seem to make any diet plans work for me, and today have eaten a tonne of Doritos! Oh well perseverance I suppose is key, we'll see how it goes!