Paleo Keto snack and meal ideas please.

Options
Is anyone here following the ketogenic diet? I have been and it works well for me as the high fat in the diet allows me to always feel full even with a carlorie defecit. I am looking for ideas for snacks and meals that are not too costly but fit in the Keto/paleo way of eating. Thanks

Replies

• LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Freedom16! I just joined yesterday, but I adopted a low carb lifestyle about a year ago. It's helped lose 60 pounds so far!

My favorite recipe by far is Keto pizza:
    1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
    1 egg
    Mixed together with a pinch of garlic powder and a pinch of basil

Spread the mixture over a greased pan* must be greased to help the cheese spread and make an even layer, #recipe fail if you don't

Put in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 min or until golden brown.

Put your pizza toppings on, I use pizza sauce, real pepperoni, green peppers, onions, and cheddar cheese.

Put back in the oven for 10 more minutes and you're done!

I first heard about it from NoBunPlease.com and he got the recipe from WarfieldFamily.com

Hope you like it!
  • alexavril
    alexavril Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you can find a mexican or south american market/supermarket, you can usually get a really good deal on Avacados. And Asian markets usually have coconuts if you are incorporating them. I have been using both of those items as the cornerstone of my diet, usually eating at least one entire avadado a day, if not more.

I also found that Trader Joe's has a great price point on coconut oil and also wild caught smoked salmon (but that's not really cheap, just costs less there). They also usually have the best price on Kerrygold butter (if you are trying to get natural Omega 3's in your saturated fats - that butter is from grass-fed cows and its so good!).

If you are into Bulletproof coffee, you can get the cheapest MCT oil online (just do a search). I not only use MCT oil in my morning blended coffee, but in salad dressings.

Also, search online Keto blogs for all sorts of recipes - try a new one every week so you don't get bored.

Have fun!

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    tuna salad made with avocados (or egg salad/chicken salad/etc)
    cheese sticks and beef jerky, but watch the labels closely, not all are equal
    cheese in general, Parmesan is really good, and you can bake it into tuiles almost like chips
    a lot of people use pork rinds to get their snack fix - I don't like them much, but the unseasoned ones make a great substitute for breadcrumbs if you crush them, for meatballs or breading
    another take on pizza, use portobello mushroom caps for a crust, bake at 425 for 5 minutes, just the mushroom, then add your toppings and put in for another 20 minutes.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    look at the ruled.com website for great ideas, also on Facebook you can see lots of keto pages, and you can download apps to your phone