30 Day Shred

Options
The Jillian Michaels DVD.

Anyone else starting this month?! I'm only on my second day, but jeez.

I thought I was in pretty good shape. I had a pretty vigorous workout before this, but after doing it for so long, it didn't really make me work. So I bought this. Last night, after the first day, I was totally pumped and ready to do two in one because I thought it wasn't really pushing me hard enough. Today, I woke up feeling sore in every joint. The really good holy-****-this-is-working-six-pack-here-i-come kinda sore. My only question is, what do you guys log this as for excersize? I went through the database and putting in my height/weight and Calisthenics-virgor, it says I only burn 166 calories per twenty minute work out. That doesn't seem right.

If anyone else is joining in this month, let's all be a kickass team. :) I know *I'm* going to need motivation after about a week. Best of luck to all of you!!

Me.
Girl. 18 years old. 5'5. 137 pounds.

My reason for doing this; I bet my boyfriend I would have a better six pack than him in two months. My dignity rests in the hands of Jillian Michaels now.

Replies

• BarnAvVårTid
    Options
    I started this yesterday too! I'm 135 pounds, girl. 5'6''

I couldn't jump that much yesterday though cause I live on the second floor and my family had gone to bed hahaha.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20 year female, 5"3'. I haven't started it just yet, because i had just gone to the gym today when the dvd came in. Since today i'm going to be busy all day with a flute concert, i'm going to start it monday... I'm really looking forward to it! I've watched the level 1 part already, just without joining.. i don't have weights but i think some 330ml water bottles should do for now...

Good luck! and i'll let you know how my first day was....
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh, that amount seems pretty right to me, though. Today i cycled for about 20-30 minutes with my HRM. My heart rate was constantly around 160 (target zone 130-170) and when i was done i burnt 164 calories. It's of course not the same for everyone and when i start the 30 day shred monday i will do it with the HRM. If you want i'll let you know how much calories that burnt me.
  • momontherun92
    Options
    Oh, yeah, you burn way more calories than that! I put it down under circuit training. It's amazing how hard that little 20 minute workout makes you work!!
  • StephieAmber
    Options
    I was looking to start P90X on June 1st, so thought for the next month I'd do the 30DS. I started 3 days ago and OMG every part of my body is screaming. I work out pretty regularly anyways, but I'm still what one would consider a chubby chicken (I'm 5'7 and 209lbs). In 26 minutes I burn 220-230 calories and I'm pushing really hard, taking no rests getting in a few extra reps than what Jillian does.

Oh Jillian does have a ab shredder dvd (or something like that), so if you're looking for a good ab dvd, maybe give that one a go too :)

Best of luck to you...you're gonna do great!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, you burn way more calories than that! I put it down under circuit training. It's amazing how hard that little 20 minute workout makes you work!!
    How much you burn depends on how much you weigh, so it is not the same for everyone. I weigh 160 and log it at "circuit training - 20 minutes" and it gives me 180 or so calories burned.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i'm doing 10 days of each level, today will be day 9 of level 3 (almost done!) and i can't believe how much more toned my whole body is, not just my abs, it's crazy. but i log it as circuit training and most people say to log it as 25 minutes of circuit training
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I weigh 185 and it burns about 250 per session for me. So you might be around 235-240. I would put it in under circuit training. It's pretty close
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was looking to start P90X on June 1st, so thought for the next month I'd do the 30DS. I started 3 days ago and OMG every part of my body is screaming. I work out pretty regularly anyways, but I'm still what one would consider a chubby chicken (I'm 5'7 and 209lbs). In 26 minutes I burn 220-230 calories and I'm pushing really hard, taking no rests getting in a few extra reps than what Jillian does.

Oh Jillian does have a ab shredder dvd (or something like that), so if you're looking for a good ab dvd, maybe give that one a go too :)

Best of luck to you...you're gonna do great!

if u r going to start p90x anyways then you will have the ab ripper x dvd which is really good!
  • jenalow
    jenalow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger and taller than you, 5'9 and around 200 lbs, but I just started the Shred as well. Today is day 6. I really like it. I actually wear a heart rate monitor and I burn somewhere between 250-275 calories. I'm in pretty good shape for my size, down 120 lbs so far and I do intense cardio a couple times a week, so the 160 calories is probably just a guideline to follow. I log it in under circuit training. For my size the guideline pops up 200 calories, and like I said, I actually burn more than that. Good luck with the Shred. I might need some motivation when I move up to the next level.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I burn an average of 180 calories with a weight of 161 lbs and a height of 5"4 - 5"5.
  • hermaph
    hermaph Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesome!!!

Good luck to everyone!
    Day four today on level one.

How long does everyone take on each level?

I assume I should space them out evenly, but I"m a little greedy when it comes to results, so I want to move on to level two tomorrow.

Also,
    Screw panera. Two bagels=750 calories? /cry
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow. wish me luck and thanks now I know how to log it :)
  • hermaph
    hermaph Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck everyone!!

In case anyone is having difficulty staying motivated;
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj5kvzFcfW1qe2dneo1_500.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhzd3a3nn61qhb8d5o1_500.jpg

Do it for the new pair of jeans.
    do it for the sexy legs.
    do it for the tight stomach.
    do it so you can be healthy for you future
    do it so you have more energy
    do it so you can rock a bathing suit
    do it for your confidence
    do it to prove that you can.
    do it out of spite.
    do it out of anger
    do it for the tiny underwear.
    do it so the next time you pull off a sweatshirt, and it takes your shirt with it, you can smile because you know it was sexy.
    Do it for the cute hipbones.
    Do it because it feels so good to be happy, alive, healthy and beautiful.
    Just do it.