C-section Success Stories??

Options
2»

Replies

• jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    Any other success stories for getting fit post c-section?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress. I've had 2 c-sections. The most recent one was on May 29, 2014.
    May 27, 2014 - 41 wks pregnant vs June 12, 2014 - 2wks PP vs Jan 18, 2015
    n2dz18y9hnoo.jpg
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    You look great! Any suggestions on diet / exercise?
  • tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    what do you guys even mean by pouch? I've had a c-section as well, but I don't know what you mean. I was like 210 when I got pregnant (like upper 170s now) so maybe I already had one or something and just don't know? Really curious what you guys mean by pouch.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A pouch, an overhang where your scar is flat- maybe even indented, and there is a roll that extends over the scar. Even at my thinnest (120/5'7), I still had the roll- I was told it had to do with the way my scar tissue fused with my abdominal wall, as not all are that extreme. The funny thing is, I can't wear one piece bathing suits because you can see it! I can hide it in a two piece though.
  • Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am 5'7" also and have had 2 C-sections...I have the roll, it gets smaller when I'm thinner but it's still there and it's mainly skin so what to do, not having surgery. I can still wear a two piece especially if the bottom have a wider hip cut and a double band of material around the top part. I just make sure I'm standing up straight when I'm walking around and when I'm bending over I hide it with my arm, towel or swim suit cover up. I wish they sold two piece bottoms with a support panel in front.

But my abs are fine. Maybe you have that condition where your abdominals are damaged from the pregnancy, distended..I don't know what the term is, rather than the pooch above the scar. Stick with it though, you won't know what it all looks like till you get to your goal then you can re-evaluate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!