Healthy muffin recipes please!

Options
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any healthy muffin recipes, either sweet or savoury! And if you had the nutrition values as well that would be great!

Thank you

Replies

• mandy_bunnell
    Options
    Combine one box of Devil's food cake mix with 1 can of pumpkin and 1/4 water. Bake as directed on the cake mix box. These are the most wonderful, rich, fudgy muffins; you can NOT taste the pumpkin, and no one will ever know that they are not the real thing! They are full of fiber, and have a negligent amount of fat. Add nuts, raisins, coconut, etc. as you want! And, just add up the nutritional info from the box and can - it's easy! I hope that you enjoy!
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just made these yesterday and they're flipping amazing!
    1 cup nut butter (I used roasted unsalted almond butter)
    3 ripe bananas
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 (ish) tbsp honey (more or less depending in how sweet you want it)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Put everything but the chocolate chips in a blender, blend well, pour into lined muffin cups. I used a mini muffin tin and got 56 muffins out of it. Stir 3-4 chocolate chips in each muffin. Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes. I think they came out to be 43 calories each but I can check all the nutrition info.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yep 43 calories each, 3.1g fat, 3.5g carbs, 1g protein
  • mynameisnotemily
    mynameisnotemily Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    http://thrivinghomeblog.com/2014/04/coconut-flour-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins-gf/

My version runs 125 cal per muffin, which will vary a bit by what specifically you use. I sub the yogurt or kefir with 0% greek yogurt, and use 1/4c agave syrup instead of 1/3c maple syrup. They freeze well and are good cold. I cut them open and spread light cream cheese on the inside, but they're quite good plain as well.
  • cajones1217
    cajones1217 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Banana Muffins

2 ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or vanilla)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sugar (I use slightly more than 1/4 cup Stevia)
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
    1 cup oatmeal (quick cooking or rolled, whatever you have)
    1 cup blueberries

Mash bananas. Add yogurt, applesauce, and egg. Mix in baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, flour, and oatmeal. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins and bake at 375 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 - 15 muffins.
    Calories-132
    Fat - 1g
    Carbs- 26.5G
    Sugars- 10.7 g
    Fiber-2.1 g
    Protein-5.2G