HI, IM NEW TO THIS AND JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS!

Options
I SIGNED UP ON MY FITNESS PAL 4 DAYS AGO AND HAVE JUST FILLED OUT MY FOOD DIARY EACH DAY AND NOSIED ON THE FORUMS TOO, AS IM COMING UP TO MY 1ST WEEK DOING MY FITNESS PAL I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOING WEIGHING WISE, DO YOU WEIGH YOURSELF AT HOME EACH WEEK? FORTNIGHTLY? OR GO TO THE DOCTORS OR SLIMMING CLUB? TO GET WEIGHED THEN POST ON HERE?, IM 23 FROM WEST YRKSHIRE UK, AND NEED TO LOOSE AROUND 4 STONE AFTER HAVING BOTH MY GIRLS, SO COULD DO WITH SOME ENCOURAGEMENT SO ADD ME IF YOU WANT X X X X THANKS FAYE X X X X X

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hiya! :)

First of all writing everything in caps is considered shouting :) We can't hear you I promise lol.

I'm in Cornwall in the UK. I am following Slimming World but I check up on here just to check I'm on track.

Good luck x
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I weigh myself every morning. My husband weighs himself once a week. I weigh myself every day because it is easy for 2-3 pounds to creep up during a weeks time and I don't want anything sneaking up on me.

I have found that recording everything I eat in my diary keeps me on track and focused. I tried losing weight without keeping track of everything but it was much slower progress. Once I started writing it all down the pounds began to come off a lot faster. Probably because I was aware of what I was putting in my mouth!
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think you should do what is best for you. For example, I weigh myself everyday. It keeps me motivated. I say once a week is preferable, not every two weeks. It really is a matter of preference.
  • fayeparker23
    Options
    Ha Ha sorry didn't realise the capital letters was on ;)
  • fayeparker23
    Options
    Thanks for the replys, to be honest i do weigh my self at least once a day, i think its quite addictive, but i think i will take whatever the scales say every wednesday morning and update on here x x x
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every 1-2 weeks. It really depends. I kinda just do it whenever I'm curious. I don't like to do it too often because I go to the gym so I might be gaining muscle weight. I go by how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit, etc.
  • Misskathryn00
    Misskathryn00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself each week, but must admit that as this is my first week (i'm on day 5) that i did have a sneeky peek this morning lol, proper weigh in day is a monday morning though, i have 3 stone to lose and also from the uk, cheshire, good luck!!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi faye welcome to the site its great !!! im also 23 and not far from Huddersfield, I weigh in once a week. Feel free to add me if you want some support.

Katy
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in north Lincs. I have a designated weigh in day at home each week and then record the details on here. Sometimes I get weighed half way through the week too as it helps to motivate me more. I have a lot of weight to lose too and have found this site to be very helpful, friendly and inspirational.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
    Good luck on your journey
    :flowerforyou:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I weigh at home 1x a week (Monday morning before school/work). Occasionally I peek at the scale but I don't log it on the sight (just my personal preference). I have a 12 year old daughter who is trying to lose weight too. I want her to learn how to eat healthy and healthy portions. I don't want her to be thinking that she wishes she was "skinny". I didn't learn that young enough and every time I have dieted my behavior was like I was sprinting to get to a finish line instead of treating this like a journey with lesson (successes and failures). My suggestion is that whatever you do, be consistent (1 scale, same place, same time of day, etc). We gauge our progress not only by the pounds we lose but when we break away from an old habit. I never used to drink enough water during the day. My mini goal for last week was to drink 8, 8 oz glasses of water. I did it. I didn't do it because it came naturally to me. I had to practically schedule it into my day. My daughter chose a spring dress in a size too small for her. Two weeks ago it zipped up without any tension. That's what's keeping her motivated. Best of Luck. Feel free to add me.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello fayeparker
    While weighing yourself is cool, whatever the frequency, might I also suggest that you also keep track of your measurements or fitness goals. Those can be very motivating and give you something to aim for beyond some pound number, Sometimes, the weight does not change the way you hope and people get discouraged and throw in the towel. With other goals you will notice that regardless of weight, you might still be getting slimmer, can run faster, longer, lift more weights, etc. Just a thought. Be well. Life is good.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home..I weigh myself at work every day..sometimes more then once...but only go by the first weighing. It changes during the day but I don't get discouraged. My goal is to see a lower number each week...yes it goes up and down all week, But if it's lower I document it here. Good luck!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey welcome!
    i weigh myself at home. i think some people weigh in at boots, think its about 20p or so. I have a ww scale that i use.
    Welcome to mfp i had around 2.5 stone to lose after having my little girl! Stick to mfp and you will get there too!